Author Topic: Riddles  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Riddles
« on: September 13, 2020, 20:48:48 PM »
I used to post this kind of thing fairly regularly much to the annoyance of other members it should be said because I invariable messed it up.

But undaunted I thought it would give it another go. Can you solve these riddles

Please do not post your guesses just yet. PM your answers and I will pm you back

Thirty men and only two women, but they hold the most power.
Dressed in black and white, they could fight for hours. Who are they.

What 3 positive numbers give the same result when multiplied and added together?

Imagine you are swimming in the ocean and a bunch of hungry sharks surround you. How do you get out alive?

A pet shop owner had a parrot with a sign on its cage that said "Parrot repeats everything it hears." A young man bought the parrot and for two weeks he spoke to it but it didn't say a word. He tried to return the parrot but the shopkeeper said he never lied.

How can this be?

How can you add 8 8's to make 1000?

A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

A truck driver is going opposite traffic on a one-way street. A police officer sees him but doesn't stop him.

Why didn't the police officer stop him?

Can you think of a crime that is punishable if attempted but not punishable if actually committed?

When is 1500 plus 20 and 1600 minus 40 the same thing?

There are several books on a bookshelf. If one book is the 4th from the left and 6th from the right, how many books are on the shelf?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Riddles
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 21:45:48 PM »
I am reliably and gratefully informed that the "crime" in number 8 is in fact no longer a crime

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf