Author Topic: Mangals  (Read 2951 times)

Offline Fran

Mangals
« on: October 21, 2020, 06:11:48 AM »
Had a lovely meal in Mangals last night. They are now situated at the front of Seaside Residence.
The fillet steak with pepper sauce was the nicest I’ve ever had in Turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steve A

Re: Mangals
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 19:04:26 PM »
We were there a few weeks ago for lunch ,really enjoyed it and sorry we were unable to return on an evening as we had planned.This is called Mangal yeni yerendi and my understanding is that the owner is the old bald guy who used to own Mangals on the Main Street before it’s change of ownership a few years ago.Lorraine and Mehmet used to run the old Mangals and are now managing this place working for their old boss.They are very friendly people,place is basic but how we like it and the food is great.

Offline RichardF

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 11:08:31 AM »
Is Mangals on the main street still there?

Offline Steve A

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 12:53:49 PM »
Yes Mangals is still there but it’s a bit of an odd fish this year,part pub,part restaurant,part cocktail/karaoke bar.Didnt look inviting so we never tried it

Offline Ally B

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 14:39:44 PM »
Seem to remember when Mangels was on the main street on the right as you went towards the beach. Most of the tables were on grass. The guy outside was a ringer for Bobby Ball, red braces and all. Must have been at least 30 years ago.

Offline RichardF

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 07:54:36 AM »
Yes Mangals is still there but it’s a bit of an odd fish this year,part pub,part restaurant,part cocktail/karaoke bar.Didnt look inviting so we never tried it
Thanks for the reply Steve. I know what you mean about it's layout as we were in Calis this Summer. Mangals was the first restaurant we went to on our first holiday in Calis in 2015, probably because we were starving after the flight etc and it's one of the first you come to as you come down main street from the roundabout. Every year since we always go to Mangals on our first night, not our favourite in Calis but just a routine / habit we have.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf