Author Topic: Still looking forward to this year's holiday ?  (Read 8064 times)

Offline jwood

• Nottingham, UK
Re: Still looking forward to this year's holiday ?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2021, 20:18:41 PM »
Exactly.......

Offline Phil

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2021, 07:32:53 AM »
So it's red then ........ any bets as to when it goes amber ?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2021, 08:45:07 AM »
I’m so blooming confused re all conflicting info, some sites say all direct flights TO Turkey ( or I guess red list countries) others say it’s only coming into the UK!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2021, 10:00:43 AM »
Turkey's welcoming tourists from the UK but taking a holiday abroad is banned until the 17th of May. However, Turkey's currently on the UK's 'Amber List' and from the 14th they'll be on the 'Red List'. Anyone arriving in the UK from Turkey will then have to quarantine at a designated hotel for 14 days at a cost of approximately £1750.

I think you can pretty much write-off holidays to Turkey for the next 6 - 8 weeks and probably into September,

Offline marina

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2021, 10:59:17 AM »
We're booked for October, which is when we usually go anyway, but still not convinced about being able to go then. Just keeping fingers crossed   :-\

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2021, 11:19:22 AM »
Thanks KKOB   :) Sorry I don’t think I finished my post earlier re meant to say flights being banned / cancelled! That’s a combination of old age memory c@@p & a 10 hour drive home from Scotland yesterday!
I guess we will just have to wait and see how the cases go in Turkey and the 3 weekly reviews, we have flights booked with Turkish Airlines for end of May the day Boris announced the travel info we got an email saying our flight has been moved to the next day ( fully expected it to be a cancellation email ) if we get to go we are not planning to come back until December anyway so hopefully the situation re this damn virus will have improved loads for all countries by then.
And god forbid it hasn’t we will fly via a country on a green or amber list as neither of us are prepared to pay that ridiculous amount to quarantine in a scabby travel lodge or similar for 10 days, however came to that stupid amount per person ( I know it was done to act as a deterrent to put folk off travelling to red list countries but even so!)the word  grabbers springs to mind!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2021, 11:58:22 AM »
..we will fly via a country on a green or amber list as neither of us are prepared to pay that ridiculous amount to quarantine in a scabby travel lodge or similar for 10 days,

You won't get away with that. Border Farce may be causing chaos at the ports, but that's just one of the scams they're on the lookout for.

Offline lissa

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2021, 14:34:00 PM »
From 4am from 12th may, Turkey will be in the red zone. No direct flights from then, so maybe call Turkish airlines customer service Karen, or you should receive an email

Offline lissa

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2021, 14:43:14 PM »
There are 2 flights a week from Kiev to Dalaman, heard some are travelling that way. Booked on skyscanner I believe, but there is a fb group called fly with me that has lots of info on, also about this route.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2021, 14:59:03 PM »

I don/t think I would rely on any facts and figures coming out of Turkey on which to base a decision whether to

fly out there. The medics were disputing  the reports a while back. Turkey needs tourists.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf