Author Topic: Optimistic or Write off  (Read 8749 times)

Offline JLS1

• Newly Registered
Optimistic or Write off
« on: July 01, 2021, 11:19:01 AM »
Good Morning

Just a question trying to gather everyone's thoughts on this year potential Holidays. We are due out August 17th for 2 weeks. Last year was the  first one missed for 10 years. Do we write this year off realistically or do you think Turkey will go Amber by that date? (Wishful Thinking)

Offline wishbone

Re: Optimistic or Write off
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »
We have been visiting Turkey at least twice a year for some 15 Years and we also did not make it out last year.
We are hopeful to get to Turkey Sep/Oct 2021.
As you say fingers crossed!!!!

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 11:32:13 AM »
20 years for us this year, also missed last year! Booked for October this year, but not holding my breath the way things are going. But who knows! We probably won't get to know until last minute so will just keep fingers crossed.

Offline JLS1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 11:32:39 AM »
Honestly I think I may have taken Calis for granted as me and my family are missing the place so much. In all 15 years we have been coming staying at Seaside By Jiva. But this year we are staying at Kayapark which we are excited about but the not knowing is the hard part I genuinely thought Turkey would have sneaked into Amber on the last round

Offline daveG

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 11:34:27 AM »
Chomping at the bit to get out and sort out our affairs, but realistically cannot see that happening before Sept/Oct. Certainly not booking flights until feeling more positive. :-\ 

Offline JLS1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 11:37:53 AM »
Flights are very tempting at the prices I saw but as previously mentioned this will be a last minute decision and a mad dash to get things sorted.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 11:50:16 AM »
We have just had our 31/07 flights moved to 07/08, we will see what happens :-(

Offline marina

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 13:30:20 PM »
Honestly I think I may have taken Calis for granted as me and my family are missing the place so much. In all 15 years we have been coming staying at Seaside By Jiva. But this year we are staying at Kayapark which we are excited about but the not knowing is the hard part I genuinely thought Turkey would have sneaked into Amber on the last round

JLS1 we stayed for a month at Kayapark in Oct 2019 and that's where we're booked for October this year. We love it there, it's in a nice quiet spot but just minutes walk from all you need. There's just the two of us so have one of the 2 bedroom ground floor apartments and there's loads of space for us. Just hope we can all get there.

Offline JLS1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 14:31:22 PM »
Just hope that the Amber list includes Turkey on the next round of announcements. Kayapark looks a fantastic location we cannot wait will miss Seaside and that end of the promenade as we love to pop into Lukka Bar for an afternoon Bomonti. I read the reason behind Turkey not getting into the upgraded amber list is because its an international aviation hub where countries find it difficult to determine where travellers originated from or is it just COVID vaccination numbers prevented it?

Offline marina

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 14:41:16 PM »
We prefer to be in the centre of things, I know a lot of people like Seaside and that end of Calis but a bit too far out for us. I think Turkey being a travel hub for a lot of countries plus the fact they are allowing flights from Russia again, whose cases are rising rapidly (so I read somewhere) are just a couple of reasons why Turkey isn't coming off the red list anytime soon. But I hope I'm wrong and will be happy to be proved so.  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf