Author Topic: Buying in Turkey  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Milligan

Buying in Turkey
« on: October 07, 2005, 08:41:52 AM »
We are from Fife and have been going to Turkey since 1986 and it was always the Marmaris area but for the past 6 years we have been staying in the Feythe areas of Ovacik and Hisaroni, we now feel it is time we layed some roots over there and quite fancy the Calis area as it is up and coming.

We are over on 14th of this month for a fortnight to look at property and have a couple of appointments planned with local estate agents.

If there is any info that you can help us with we would be more than thankful for your encouragement.

Thank you

Geo.

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Buying in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 08:46:10 AM »
Hi Geo, welcome to the forum and good luck with finding a place in Calis. There is a mine of information on the forum which can be found by the 'search' facility, but if you ask a specific question there is bound to be someone who will know the answer.
Pete

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Buying in Turkey
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 09:05:17 AM »
Hi Geo
Welcome to the forum.  Good luck with your house hunting I'm sure you'll find something to suit.
The only advice I would give would be to have a budget and stick to it.  Also remember to add 3% in top for fees etc.
Good luck
Anne

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Buying in Turkey
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 14:15:02 PM »
greetings and welcome,canalman and anne say it all,i had one mishap  with an estate agent but i cannot put it on here, but i found a great one who more then made up the trouble i had.so good luck in your search ,we are going over on the 14th too  8)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 20:41:03 PM by puma »

Offline doll

Buying in Turkey
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 14:38:21 PM »
welcome milligan
you will find buying a house in turkey
the best thing you could ever do, a place in the sun
people are the nicest in the world

Offline lindi

Buying in Turkey
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 15:28:59 PM »
Hi Geo

Welcome to the forum.  We finally took the plunge last year after going to Turkey for nearly 10 years.  Best thing we ever did.  Good luck with your property search, you will find lots of useful info on here.

lindi :)

Offline teresa321

Buying in Turkey
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 18:12:19 PM »
Hello and welcome

I would agree with Anne stick to your budget - it is too easy to creep up. Line up a few agent to see and you will probably be taken to some properties more than once. Read the forum and see who people recommend and who is not recommended I spent ages trawling through posts and gleaning bits and peices.

Think about whether you want to rent out, whether you plan to retire there, whether you like the town or if you like the country. Where are the dolmus stops.  Is there a management scheme for the place and if it is an apartment how much control do you have. What are the maintenance fees and what do you get for your money.  

It is worth it and at some point you will walk ino a place and you will know it is yours.

Teresa

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Buying in Turkey
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 20:44:18 PM »
teresa321 you are so right when you say you walk into a place and you know it is yours we must have been with 5 estate agents and lost count of places we seen, and on our last day we walked onto a building site seen this villa and wow we loved it and said yes

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
Buying in Turkey
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 21:41:30 PM »
hi geo .ihope you find a property and have many happy days in the sun.

marcus

Offline lolly

Buying in Turkey
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 23:27:22 PM »
Hi Geo and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your house hunting I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

Lolly x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf