Author Topic: Brilliant shop  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Brilliant shop
« on: October 30, 2005, 22:35:32 PM »
Just arrived back from furnishing our apartment yesterday.  Did it all in 4 days - curtains made and hung, bedlinen made and furniture made to order and delivered.  Furniture came from a tiny shop to the right of the fire station called Antalya Moblier.  They don't speak any English, (thier daughter speaks a little so we made ourselves understood) but very helpful and we got exactly what we ordered at a brilliant price and delivered on time. If you don't see what you want in the store, the owner has a warehouse in the middle of what looks like a housing estate full of high rise flats and he'll take you there, but he can have whatever made for you.

Offline Bim

Brilliant shop
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 15:50:51 PM »
Hi could you pls advise where the shop is located, thanks..

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Brilliant shop
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 18:08:42 PM »
Bim,

Stand across the road from the Fire Station and look to the right of it. You'll see a shop called Antalya Mobilya. It's that easy!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 09:38:51 AM by KKOB »

Offline Bim

Brilliant shop
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 08:12:09 AM »
Hi KayaKoyuOldBoy, mant thanks.... I also looking for assistance in rental management agencies... any advise, referals, etc greatly appreciated... many thanks again...

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Brilliant shop
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 08:46:14 AM »

Offline Bim

Brilliant shop
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 13:08:31 PM »
Hi many many thanks for your assistance

Offline doll

Brilliant shop
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 09:49:12 AM »
elsa any ideas about costs for curtains
so we have idea of average cost for menbers?

Offline lmaddy

Brilliant shop
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 12:39:27 PM »
Curtains were by far the most expensive outlay for our villa.
But then we do have 17 windows - all with full length curtains most of them large double patio doors.

We has sun blinds & voile curtains made for 16 windows, 1 blind & 8 pairs of dress curtains for the lounge area - this came to about £1000 including fitting & the plastic curtain tracks, iron poles (for 3 windows) & 6 pairs of iron tie back hooks.

£59 per window for handmade cutains - look pretty good as well.

We used Gizems on Cadasi & I would recommend them, they did all our bedlinen as well. Bedlinen 2 sets of 3 kings & 2 doubles with piquets £200.

One word of advise - you need to ask and make clear if you want curtains that divide in the middle to make a pair.

Turkish tend to have a single sun blind, piece of net & one-piece curtain per window.

Lorraine
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 13:08:11 PM by lmaddy »

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Brilliant shop
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 22:23:17 PM »
Sorry, I haven't logged on for a couple of days.  we have 2 very large terrace doors/windows in the lounge/kitchen area, in 1 bedroom we have 1 large terrace window and 2 small ordinary windows on which we had cotton voile (a little more expensive) and sun block curtains, upstairs we have just the cotton voile on the 2 terrace windows and on 2 ordinary windows and 1 curtain pole.  We had 4 double fitted sheets made, 4 single fitted sheets made, and 4 single flat sheets, 4 double flat sheets, 12 pillow cases, 10 pillows (I think that's about all).  they were measured on the Tuesday and delivered and hung on the Friday morning. Total cost £700.  Hope this helps.  
I thought it was a little expensive at the time, but on reflection it's not.  However, when you go to the shop you find too much choice and I just really bought the first material I liked because we hadn't much time.  the best advice i could give someone would be to think about what you want BEFORE shopping for curtains and take your time.  I found later that neighbours had roman blinds fitted to thier large terrace doors, which may or may not have been more appropriate.  I probably would have some vertical blinds purley because they keep out the sun if you want and are neat and clean looking.  However that's personal choice and I've bought them from the UK (Argos do some easy to fit ones.).Down side - most new builds already have the curtain tracks fitted and you have to have the curtains made there so that the tracks can be used.  I don't think we use the same fittings.  good luck!

Offline doll

Brilliant shop
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 04:08:23 AM »
i looked a some net they wanted 20ytl a metre
havin a laugh...
we did have curtains made last year
40£ for bedroom3 windows and door
they made them up free but the more we had done the price started to rise

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf