Author Topic: Coming out to Calis Beach to furnish the villa  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Di and Barry

Coming out to Calis Beach to furnish the villa
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 23:27:07 PM »
We had to cancel the trip due to Istanbul being closed (snow!) and all flights being cancelled... .:(  Really disappointed.. but will just come out in April when hopefully we won't be snow bound. Seriously thinking of buying on line from Ikea Istanbul and shipping down. The sales staff there seem very happy to help.... will buy bigger bits locally though.  Good luck with your shopping... Di

Offline Jules1

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 00:14:31 AM »
Hi Di
Sorry about you not being able to get the flight now, but hey it'll be warmer in April!  we'll be over then as well 8th to 22nd
I'm just looking at the Ikea site now, thanks for that tip as we will be furnishing in April as well.   I wonder if I order online if they would deliver to Calis!!   Good luck
Julie :o))

Offline Jules1

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 00:28:01 AM »
Hi again Di
I've just sent Ikea an e-mail asking about purchasing from Istanbul and then I had an idea!
If you are there at the same time as us maybe if we bought enough stuff between us from Ikea, enough to fill a van say, they may deliver it at reduced cost or even free if we spent enough with them.  What do you think?
Julie :o)

Offline doll

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 15:21:01 PM »
thomas cook are flying to antalya still on tues 31 jan
friends are arriving back then

Offline Di and Barry

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 22:07:56 PM »
Have been in communication with a really helpful guy..Tayfun Alptekin.  He has told me that as soon as I send me the order list he can answer my questions re prices. and the delivery price to southern turkey is 155,00 YTL per cubic meter. But bearing in mind Ikea is the master of flatpack that probably works out quite reasonable.  He has told me I need to give him three weeks notice to ensure delivery when we are in Calis.. which will be End march now - early April.  But I will give him 6 weeks notice just to allow for Turkish time.  ;)

Contact details for Tayfun are...Tel: +90 (216) 528 05 55Fax: +90 (216) 528 05 07

We are wading through the Ikea catalogue right now!  
best wishes  Di & B

Offline Di and Barry

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 22:11:28 PM »
Have postponed the trip for a couple of months now and heading off to the Canaries instead.  Strangley enough Cyprus airlines do fly direct into Dalaman now.  best wishes Di & B.

Offline doll

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 11:03:45 AM »
they have allways done dalaman then on to northern cyprus

Offline Jules1

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 18:32:14 PM »
Thanks for the info Di, that's really useful to know.....I gather you spoke to them by phone.  Did you happen to get an e-mail addy by any chance?  
Julie :o)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf