Author Topic: change of email address  (Read 1147 times)

Offline maggie machin

change of email address
« on: April 05, 2006, 17:22:12 PM »
Message for the powers that be!  I initially registered last year with the email I was using at the time.  This time I logged in with my new email address, but it said my user name, my actual name, was in use, so I logged in with my old email address to get in!!

I am actually registered as having the email address: .............  as my new address with:  ................   as my old address, but now when I try to update my profile it obviously is telling me that my new email address has been taken by someone else, not true!  I accessed my original email address today and found two messages from members in response to my messages.  After I leave the UK tomorrow, I will not have access to the old address, only the new one, so perhaps someone there can forgive my "gaff", and allow me to use my new address, otherwise I am not going to be able to read any emails in the future.  Exhausted now.  Hope you can decipher that drivel and help me out.  If proof is needed you can email me in response to this on my new one, yes??  Maggie Machin

Maggie, I suggest you email Keith via his profile to get your information updated.  It's not advisable to have you addy on an open forum.
Anne :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 20:42:54 PM by Anne »

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
change of email address
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 17:48:45 PM »
Maggie, it has always been advised by the 'powers that be' on this forum that we do not post email addresses as that can lead to your receiving a lot of spam. I'm sure that when a moderator reads this they will delete your addresses. If you look at a persons profile, you will find their email address and be able to send a private message to them.
Pete

Offline maggie machin

change of email address
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 18:20:23 PM »
thanks pete.  however by just looking at the replies, it did not indicate to me that they had in fact sent me an email, or am I just being thick - again!!  Anyway, hopefully when the "powers that be" read my message maybe they can sort it out.  Here's hoping.  Thanks again. Maggie

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
change of email address
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 20:44:48 PM »
Hi Maggie
I've taken out your address, just as Pete said we would.  Sorry but only Keith as administator can help you with this one.
Anne

Offline maggie machin

change of email address
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 21:33:24 PM »
Thanks Anne, I think!!  The thing is, will Keith the Administrator actually help me with this one automatically, or do I have to contact him somehow??  Thanks for input by the way. Maggie Machin

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
change of email address
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 21:38:34 PM »
I think you'd be better contacting him Maggie, just so he knows the situation.  You can contact him vua his profile.
Anne

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
change of email address
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 22:49:10 PM »
Maggie
Sorry, but there is nothing anybody can do to rectify your predicament.it is not possible to take an email address out of the database once it is registered.
May i suggest that you register another email address with hotmail or yahoo, then update your profile with said address, you will then be able to pick up your messages from any computer.

Crabbit

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
change of email address
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 23:12:37 PM »
Thanks Dave, wasn't aware this was the casse.
Anne

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf