Author Topic: Visa Run to Kas  (Read 7179 times)

Offline friar tuck

Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 00:03:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Friar Tuck is talking rubbish, British passport holders do not need to pay to enter another EU country, and that includes Greece.

I thought the "Visa run" was about how to renew your 90 Day Visitors Visa the 4.5 YTL refers to the cost of this Visa (£10 ) you scunner say you do not need a Visa to enter another EU country so since when has Turkiye been in the EU, so this thread is not about going from Kas to Meis to renew your Visa. :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 00:07:17 AM »
No wonder you can't afford a car to Kas :D

I've got 500 £10 notes, you can buy them, but you can't have each one for 4.5 YTL, because that is £1.96  :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 00:39:34 AM »
Friar Tuck how bloody thick are you [?]. As Scunner said as a Brit you do not need a Visa to enter another EEC country. That allows you to enter Meis, a Greek island, at no expense. Coming back you re-enter Turkey from Greece so you renew your 10 quid 90 day visa. Which incidentally is 23.3 ytl at current exchange rate.:D
Oh Tribal, you do not extend your visa, you get a new one. :D
Ken :D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 04:57:02 AM »
I can see now why Robin Hood and his Merry Men were so busy, 'cos Friar Tuck was losing so much of their money when he went to the Change Office !

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 06:15:53 AM »
Nit picking Ken .....OK "you extend your stay by purchasing a new visa"

Offline philrose

Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 06:30:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by friar tuck

Dolmus to Kas = 20YTL Return
Ferry to Meis = 35 YTL Return
Visa Cost     = 4.5 YTL
  Total Cost  = 59.5 YTL
So that's a 100% mark up not bad, who said Turkiye is getting too expensive Goose Golden Egg and Shooting jumps to mind !!!!

I make the visa cost around 23YTL not 4.5 so that makes a total of 78.5 YTL per person. So hardly a 100% mark up, especialy if there are say, 4 persons sharing the car the cost is only 30 YTL each plus the visa cost (23YTL) making a grand total of 53YTL per person.
So that plus not having to get up at some god awful time to get into Fethiye, to catch the dolmus, which incidently, takes twice as long as a car as it stops at every village on the way, makes it a pretty good deal as far as I can see:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 11:25:02 AM »
I don't think the visa cost is included in the price given.

Offline friar tuck

Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 13:43:47 PM »
Right here I go first I would like to apologize to Mustafa4 for getting it completely wrong I would also like to apologize to "most" of CBF members, I do not like arguing and I do not like calling other members names or calling them "Thick" as I do try to stick to forum rules, I may not be as clever or as quick thinking as scunner but I do honestly and sincerely love firstly the Turkish people, they are who for me make Turkiye what it is, and secondly I of course love Turkiye. I will stop posting because it does seem to wind certain people up but will keep popping back to see what is going on, I wish CBF and Mustafa4 every success and finish finally with my sincere apologies to him. Hope this thread can now die a natural death and lets get with enjoying the country we all Love. The End

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Visa Run to Kas
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 14:11:27 PM »
I don't think there is any need to stop posting friar maybe just be a bit more creful how you put your views forward we need all the posters we can get to keep it intersting.
We all upset someone now and then because we believe in our views and stand by them, I do it all the time we all have opinions.

Tinx ;)

Offline Mustafa4

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 14:32:14 PM »
Please do not stop posting. It was all taken in good spirit - life is too short. Any publicity is good publicity - may or may not be true, but it has meant that the pros and cons of this winter offer have been well aired. No offence taken. Look forward to being of sevice some time.
Mustafa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf