Author Topic: Is this why Turkey has only reported 1 case of Coronavirus ?  (Read 6504 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Is this why Turkey has only reported 1 case of Coronavirus ?
« on: March 12, 2020, 10:18:46 AM »
Turkey's control of coronavirus testing kits is fuelling concerns over a cover-up, a prominent surgeon wrote for The National Interest on Wednesday

https://ahvalnews.com/coronavirus/turkeys-control-coronavirus-testing-kits-fuels-concerns-over-cover-surgeon

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
Re: Is this why Turkey has only reported 1 case of Coronavirus ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 10:33:55 AM »
We  have had suspisions that they were covering up real position. This seems to back that up

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 10:57:55 AM »
One of the most affected countries is Iran. One of the greatest numbers of refugees in Turkey are Iranians. Refugees are now encouraged to pass through Turkey to the Greek border.

One case?

Offline fredam

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »
The last time I looked, Russia had 28 cases & if I remember my geography correctly, it borders China on the East, tho admittedly, the Mongolian steppes separate the most of them. That seems awfully low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 11:44:17 AM »
China's done a very good job of shutting down whole cities and isolating the country.

The Moscow Times
As the new coronavirus that has killed more than 4,000 people continues to spread around the world, Russia has stepped up measures to tackle the pandemic, including closing most entry points along its 4,200-kilometer border with China, ordering people returning from high-risk areas to self-quarantine and temporarily banning Chinese citizens from entering the country.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-in-russia-the-latest-news-march-12-a69117

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 13:38:36 PM »
Ah, maybe the reason is, "No virus is stronger than our measures.", a recent quote from The Glorious Leader.

Offline fredam

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 14:01:35 PM »
LOL.  That sounds a bit ominous.

However, I just received this email from Pegasus. (Copied below).  I saw that one of the airlines stopped flying to Turkey.   It could be while they make provisions. But this explains, perhaps, part of the reason for low number of cases.

Click here if you can't display this e-mail.

Dear Guests,

As Pegasus Airlines, our highest priority since the day we were founded has been to carry our guests safely to their destinations. We always put the safety and well-being of our guests and employees first, under all circumstances. That is why I would like to personally inform you about the measures we have taken against the new type of coronavirus (COVID-19), that has caused concern around the world.

We have been closely monitoring the developments and have been in communication with national and international authorities throughout. Our Ministry of Health in Turkey has been managing this process with great care and rigour. We also uphold the responsibility of carrying thousands of our guests every day and wholly fulfil every one of our duties.

We have introduced enhanced and more frequent cleaning and disinfection measures in compliance with international standards and the regulations of aircraft manufacturers.
We meticulously disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as the seatbelts, overhead lockers and tray tables, and we replace the headrest covers during every cleaning.
All our aircraft are fitted with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration systems which are periodically replaced and filter all the air on the aircraft every three minutes on average, also efficiently filtering and keeping out viruses.

We have cancelled all flights to Iran, Italy and Iraq. As directed by the Turkish Ministry of Health, Public Health Passenger Forms are distributed to guests on international flights by our cabin crew, who ensure they are filled out.  These forms are then forwarded to the relevant departments after landing, which makes it easier to contact our guests if any cases are identified. We also hold protective face masks for our cabin crews and guests on-board every aircraft.

Our cabin crew are well trained and informed as to the required procedures in the event of a guest showing any signs of illness whilst boarding or during the flight. All our teams have been thoroughly briefed regarding all measures to be taken and procedures to be followed, and are managing them with great care, professionalism and command. We have taken all these precautions and concrete steps to ease the concerns of our valued guests whilst travelling, and to prevent the further potential spread of the virus.

You can see some of the measures we've been taking by watching our video here:  https://youtu.be/zZEMw3zMESE

It is our greatest wish that the new type of coronavirus will be halted as soon as possible around the world, bringing relief for everyone affected in these difficult times. I sincerely believe that we will overcome this problem all together.

I wish you a safe, healthy and pleasant flight.

Mehmet T. Nane
Pegasus Airlines
CEO

This email contains information regarding all flights operated by Pegasus Airlines.

Pegasus Hava Taşımacılığı A.Ş.
www.flypgs.com/en/contact/call-center
www.flypgs.com/en/write-to-us

Aeropark, Yenişehir Mahallesi, Osmanlı Bulvarı No:11/A Kurtköy 34912 Pendik, istanbul / Türkiye
Turkish Central Registry (MERSIS) No: 0-7230-0470-8500017

Unsubscribe

Bu mesaj size euro.message aracı hizmet sağlayıcısı kullanılarak iletilmiştir.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 14:24:50 PM »
They've also announced that they're dropping the charge for name changes on tickets until the end of April.

https://www.flypgs.com/en/press-room/announcement/pegasus-offers-more-flexible-ticket-options-due-to-the-coronavirus

Offline fredam

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 14:35:00 PM »
They've also announced that they're dropping the charge for name changes on tickets until the end of April.

https://www.flypgs.com/en/press-room/announcement/pegasus-offers-more-flexible-ticket-options-due-to-the-coronavirus
Unless they look like Chinese names.  LOL. Only joking.  :-). I would still go.  It’s probably safer there than here!  More wide open spaces.  My poor husband must use the packed rail for an hour then 1/2 hour in a packed tube train.  He’s so not wanting to go in but they are making them.  He said they sent 100 people home from a banks offices as someone had it there.  They no doubt used the tube & trains.  It’s so closely populated here & people all over the country travel to London to work, it will inevitably get worse.  There’s already panic buying in the shops.  :-/. You are lucky in many wYs to be there!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 15:55:25 PM »
I'm not there. I'm in North Wales.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf