Author Topic: October weather again  (Read 1585 times)

Offline kimmie

October weather again
« on: August 31, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »
  Hi All,
  I Know i asked the question earlier for the mid October weather daytime/evening, we can now go on holiday the 6th October for 11 nights rather than mid oct to the end of october i am really in a dilemma over the weather would it be trousers and jacket weather in the evening i know no one has a crystal ball just dont want to make a mistake  weatherwise, we would prefer to come back to Calis (already booked for 3 week next year) but my other half is thinking weather wise we would be better in the canary's(warmer in the evenings)   Just dont know what to do ???????

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: October weather again
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 09:56:52 AM »
In the past evenings used to be pretty chilly in May (several layers and hoodie) and October similar.

My observation having lived here 15 years is that now from April through to the end of October there is rarely a need for a jacket in the evenings, even up the mountain in Ovacık.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Bring clothes for the sunny warm days and maybe a couple of light trousers or jeans and a couple of cardis or pashminas for the evening or when you are sat in the shade in the day if there's a breeze, which there often is in the afternoons in Çalış.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Re: October weather again
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 18:57:46 PM »
We did the very end of october last year and still sat outside some evenings in short sleeves and cropped trousers.
other evenings inside, as Nicola said a light jacket/cardi  should be enough.
we also had some mixed days some spent on the beach at olu deniz  laggon as the sea was still warm and also dodged the odd shower.
We also did 1st to 10th oct a few years back, where it was pleasant enough to sunbath all day long...which I did!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf