Author Topic: A Spooky Coincidence  (Read 3096 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: A Spooky Coincidence
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 19:57:29 PM »
I was ok up to "On our first night a bloke" after that I got completely lost.  :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A Spooky Coincidence
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 17:35:12 PM »
We bought our timeshare in Portugal, took our best friends one year and it turned out she worked with one of the other timeshare owners. We've all becomes really good friends.

We also got a boat to Rotnest island in Perth, Oz and a bloke from just up the road was on it.

Never seen him since though

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 20:20:09 PM »
My daughter went to Perth on business and stayed  at Rotnest Island in the company flat.  The first person she spoke to in Perth was from Peterhead (our town in Scotland) and they invited her to a BBQ.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 23:14:26 PM »
More impressive due to it being the Australia Perth I assume  ;)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 08:06:32 AM »
My aunt & uncle emigrated to NZ about 10 years ago. Each summer they return to blighty, for a couple of months, to visit family & friends. Not being in the first flush of youth, they always break their journeys for a few days. On one of these stop overs they were in Bangkok & visited an evening market, taking loads of photos.

When they reached the UK, they were visiting an old friend & were talking about their Bangkok holiday & their friend said that her sister had recently been in Bangkok too. Imagine the amazement when, looking at the photos, the friend saw her sister & brother-in-law immediately behind my aunt in one of the market pictures

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
On the 19 June 1960 a Victor V bomber XH617 from RAF Honington caught fire during a flight and crashed near Diss. The same evening at the camp cinema the "Dumbusters" film was being shown. 

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 15:31:29 PM »
In 99 we were living in Peru and often went out with brits that worked at the British Embassy. One of the guys worked on the trade side and was throwing a party which we were invited to. A great party it was too with around 30 guests!! A year later having returned home and settled into our adopted Warwickshire village we popped into the pub and got speaking to some people who we found had been at the very same party thousands of miles away a year before.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf