Author Topic: SGK Letters  (Read 11267 times)

Offline phil1839

SGK Letters
« on: January 18, 2014, 08:59:05 AM »
If you are a member of the SGK pop down the PTT, he has some letters to hand out. Phil

Offline Diverbaz 1

Re: SGK Letters
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »

We had ours delivered (had to sign for it) on Thursday, went in to SGK office yesterday for explanation and told we have to go back with a translator (as stated on bottom of letter). Maybe we could all go in together with one translator   :)

Offline janmack

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 11:39:46 AM »
I haven't received any letter from them and I haven't been to the PTT as it's not so easy for me to be out and about at the moment.  Can you tell me what the letter is about please?  Many thanks.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 13:58:50 PM »
We had ours delivered on Tuesday, had to sign for it, basically if you are a married couple on a joint membership of SGK and your spouse is in receipt of pension income they can no longer be covered on your SGK. ( We asked our friend to read it for us to make sure and that is the gist of it). BUT on the other hand they, SGK, are also saying that no one who receives a pension is entitled to be in the SGK scheme, so make of it what you will.
We are awaiting the outcome of the Consulate meetings due to be held next week before we do anything and are not paying any more SGK premiums until it's sorted.

Offline janmack

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 14:46:10 PM »
Thanks LeeGlo. 

Offline Jack13

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 15:56:40 PM »
imo. for the last 1 year and and a half we have been paying for something that has been illegal and I believe has been law since 2010. surprised no one has looked into this to see exactly where we stand. I am sure a lot of ex pats out there are in the same BOAT as we are. we pay taxes to the Turkish everytime we buy anything. ie leki. gas. council tax.and generally generate to the economy. imo they want our money but not us. I am sure calis.fethiye. hisoronu. olu deniz would be a lot poorer and who would be working over the winter months. oh and I forgot about the price of efes!!!! end of rant. ur replies to this situation would be most appreciated. do we get a rebate? lol

Offline Jack13

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 16:07:19 PM »
this is a very touchy subject at this time. I would like ex pats opinions as to what alternatives we have? if any.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 16:53:08 PM »
Jack 13, I rather think that the British Consul managed to convince the SGK officials last time around that if Brits had been out of the UK for more than 6 months they were NOT covered by the NHS. However there is now a move in the UK to allow anyone who has paid a certain number of years' contributions to be entitled to free health care under the NHS and this has muddied the waters somewhat in Turkey.

There is more info and discussion on this topic here

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/topicseen./health_healthcare/sgk_meeting_british_consulate_53772.0.html

Offline Jack13

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 22:17:12 PM »
thanks lee glow for ur input. there are surely more ex pats who have a view on this subject. as this effects as personally and I am quite sure there must be more out there.your views

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 14:37:28 PM »
I'm sure you're right Jack13, there are lots of expats who joined the scheme at the start and are now in limbo, unfortunately they are not all members of CBF.

In the current situation of "are we covered or not" we also seem to have lost sight of the fact that even if we are accepted we (married couples) now have to pay double the premium we originally contracted for.

I do wonder how many would have joined if we had been told at the time
1. You must take a medical at your own expense, but we might not accept you.
2. Everyone must pay their own contribution.
3. No existing or chronic conditions will be covered and
4. As soon as you start to receive a state pension you will no longer be entitled to be in the scheme.

Basically it's been fudged from the word go and the British Consulate and Government should have sorted these things in the beginning.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf