Author Topic: Vinn wifi  (Read 37222 times)

Offline joannasal

Vinn wifi
« on: April 01, 2014, 19:11:44 PM »
Has anyone got any experience with the Turkcell VINN wifi gadget? If so, can you give me some feedback - good / not good etc? Thank you

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Vinn wifi
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 19:40:25 PM »
I have just bought one of these to try with my Turkcell dongle. Don't know if it will work until the end of May.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360789648675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 20:02:33 PM »
There is loads of info re this Mifi, I posted this previously and the link is still good for info on CBF

I use MiFI dongle and it can connect upto 5.  now back in the UK I can use it travelling on 3Network £20 for 3 months.  no USB ports just a small gadget that fits in to your palm, charges via mains or usb
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/telephones_broadband_and_mobiles/mobile_internet_access_50660.0.html

Offline Fran

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 21:28:20 PM »
Bought one in January after reading Loz,s post, a great piece of kit.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:13:47 PM »
I got one last year on the advice of Loz and have been very happy with mine   :)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 13:01:58 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but would I use one of them in place of my existing dongle and just put my SIM in it?

Offline teetee

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 14:10:22 PM »
Hi Margie this is a wireless device and uses a mobile sim card. You connect it wirelessly to the device you want to use, laptop, tablet etc and off you go. It gets the data from the local mobile network and I have found it work really well away from our place.

I am sure that you will need to get a new sim card and top up the amount of data you want to add in bundles 2 4, 10GB or other amounts.

Hope this helps.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 15:14:30 PM »
Thanks Teetee. I believe they are very fast as opposed to the old dongle which can be painfully slow.  As I purchased the Sim and Dongle in Turkey, I wondered if it would be possible to transfer the Sim to the Vinn wifi.

Offline teetee

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 15:59:59 PM »
Hi Margie it may well be ok but I would check in the Turkcell shop on the bend on the one way street just past Pastpatur they are very helpful and you could be lucky and be able to use the sim you have.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 17:14:00 PM »
Margie, the sim you currently used is a Data sim? Turkcell? if so then just buy the device and it will work, take to the shop (round the bend) and tell the manageress in there what you want, I think she is now well versed with the strange request of foreigners.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf