Author Topic: Long term resudency  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Google

• Newly Registered
Long term resudency
« on: February 01, 2020, 10:16:44 AM »
We are leaving Turkey after living here for many years. We are leaving for various reasons and it’s now time for us to return to live in uk. We are currently in the SGK health scheme and are over 65 and we Both have life time residency. My question is how do I notify my intention to leave SGK in March this year and will they take our residency cards off of us as we will need them to leave Turkey?  Does anyone know the procedure. Thanks Nit sure where to post this so have posted it here snd in health topics   Google

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Long term resudency
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 11:37:18 AM »
Friends, who left last year, had to surrender their residency cards to the DGMM office (I believe). They were given a letter, valid for 7 days in order to leave Turkey. Not sure what they had to do to terminate the SGK

Offline Google

• Newly Registered
Re: Long term resudency
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 11:45:18 AM »
Thankyou. I thought you to had to register to leave SGK and hand in my residency card but was confused as to how you got through passport control at airport to get back to Uk   
I believe once you give up SGK and are over 65 your long term residency has to be returned. Not really sure whether you can just leave Turkey without officially leaving SGK.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf