Author Topic: Cafe Deniz  (Read 2783 times)

Offline julesbob0303

Cafe Deniz
« on: August 31, 2009, 14:42:00 PM »
We visited a fab little cafe called Cafe Deniz (could be Deniz Cafe!) whilst over in Calis.

We caught the dolmus to Fethiye, getting off near Migros.  Then on to another one heading towards Yaniklar, getting off opposite the Atapark Hotel (looks lovely!).  There's a small wooden hut on the side of the road, with steps leading down to the water's edge.

What a lovely afternoon we had here.  If you're into music (playing, singing or just watching) it was great.  Hubby took his guitar, as we were told that they have an open mic afternoon on Sundays, from about 4pm.  Cost was 10 lira each, which included an eat-as-much-as-you-like bbq (an extra 5 lira if you also wanted trout!)

It was a gorgeous setting with lots of boats and yachts moored up.  We were made very welcome by both staff and other customers.  (We had been tipped off about this place by the British singer on a sunset cruise the night before.)

I bought hubby a hard case off ebay before we went on holiday (£40) as he wanted to take his guitar and leave in the apartment.  As it was, the almost-new case came complete with a guitar.  It has a great sound - but specially when played by a guy at this cafe.  Turned out he was a session musician for Paul Weller!

Would really recommed this little place - we were there till about 9pm and it was still going strong!  Some great (and not-so-great) singers and musicians, and a lovely relaxed setting.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 14:43:52 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cafe Deniz
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 14:46:46 PM »
A great little place indeed Jules. Prices will be going up now that The Boss has appeared there  ;)

Offline julesbob0303

Cafe Deniz
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 15:02:50 PM »
Did you go on a Sunday, Mr S?  (Nice to meet you again, by the way.  Glad you rushed your packing so you were allowed back out to have a chat!  Your little girls were absolute darlings   :) )

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cafe Deniz
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 21:58:20 PM »
Julie
This sounds brilliant but am lost with your directions.
Did you need to get the Yaniklar dolmus?  There is one goes along the top road I think.
Can you be more specific on which dolmus please?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cafe Deniz
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 22:09:42 PM »
It's beyond Fethiye, past Paspatur Anne, in Karagozler 2, heading towards Letoonia - Ata Park Hotel is on the left, Cafe Deniz on the right (on the sea front side). The Yaniklar reference threw me too, I think it could be a Yaniklar water taxi Jules was referring to? Really friendly and really lovely location.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cafe Deniz
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 22:12:07 PM »
No, she wasn't talking about a Yaniklar water taxi (I've never heard of one anyway :D ), she's talking rubbish! Karagozler dolmus surely, not Yaniklar Jules  ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cafe Deniz
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 00:16:30 AM »
so it's on the road to Karagozler??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cafe Deniz
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 00:43:48 AM »
No it's IN Karagozler, on the road to the Mediteran/boatyard/Letoonia

Offline julesbob0303

Cafe Deniz
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »
Hey, less of the "talking rubbish" Mr Scunner!   :o

Actually, I was talking complete nonsense!  We caught the dolmus from Gunlukbasi into Fethiye, getting off on the road into Fethiye with Migros on the right.  We stayed at that point, picking up another dolmus heading towards Karagozler and Tasyaka (it was Yaniklar in my mind - whoops, sorry!  :D )  

Hope you find it Anne - well worth looking for!  (Good job I wrote the directions down - on the back of my cheque book! - we never would have found it!!)  :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cafe Deniz
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 11:55:42 AM »
:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf