Author Topic: Most expensive Efes in Calis  (Read 7784 times)

Offline Steve A

Most expensive Efes in Calis
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 11:11:32 AM »
My thoughts are that the prices should be the same as if you put good entertainment on it pays for itself in increased turnover,volume increased = profit increased

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 11:43:47 AM »
if you are sat in a bar all night watching " the entertainment " but make 1 x efes last all night,why should someone who has maybe 8 efes be penalised by the increase in price ????  why not charge say 2-3 ytl for entrance. seems the fairest way.if you dont want to watch dont pay to enter !! just my opinion...........city hull

Offline kismetbar

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 14:02:27 PM »
having been a contributer to the Calis Beach Forum for several years it really does amaze me with this fixation that some people have over a Bottle of Efes
Having had Kismet Bar for nearly 4 years I could tell you some stories believe me.

One customer actually confronted me about 3 years ago and said and i quote.
I can buy a bottle of efes from the supermarket for 1.75 tl..Why do you sell it for 3......I was speechless.

Another customer who used a bar with nearly no facilities.....ie a bad toilet...no aircon or heating...told me I should take a leaf out of that bar and reduce my prices....ok I would charge him 50k less as long as he didnt use my aircon/heating/umbrellas/ or toilets....and never ask for ice....just two examples of the mentality of some people.

Going back to the subject of entertainment. If you are providing entertainment on a regular basis (a few times a week) then the price of the said Efes should reflect accordingly........but all of the time. Then as I repeatedly keep saying Joe Public can decide for themselves on what price they are prepared to pay.

Charging an entrance fee would be difficult to do as most bars are open fronted with outside tables..This could only work in a nightclub situation.

With the Lira bad against the pound and interest rates down Turkey is not the cheap place it once was and I understand these days each Lira counts...afterall it represents 42p.

You could always do what example number 1 suggested....stand out side  buy your beer from a supermarket and listen to the show for free.....lol.....laugh out loud!!!!

You've gotta laugh havn't you
Ianx

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 14:33:58 PM »
so a party of 10 people who drink say 10 efes each @ extra 2 ytl each drink,will pay 200 ytl to watch the entertainment !!! which is nearly £100 extra ( without any food or other drink types )..

Offline kismetbar

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 14:38:30 PM »
Steve.....with the greatest respect...who's posting are you replying too

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 15:16:41 PM »
hi kismet.general reply to the topic.no one in perticular.just my tuppence worth..

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 15:29:00 PM »
Our local had some entertainment on last Sunday - the World Cup Final. They normally sell Tetley's at £2.10 a pint. Sunday they had Boddington's on at £1.00 a pint.

The place would have been pretty full anyway but it was heaving on Sunday.

In some bars in Calis I would pay extra NOT to have to listen to the 'entertainment'!

Offline kismetbar

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 15:43:13 PM »
Ok Steve.........next time your over...pop into the bar...you won't be charged extra for the entertainment...lol

Ian

Offline kismetbar

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 15:47:13 PM »
Stuart don't do this to me Boddingtons £1.00 a pint.Can taste it now
Ian

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 15:51:23 PM »
will hold you to that kismetbar ( ian ).first of all ,where are you ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf