Author Topic: standards have improved without doubt  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
standards have improved without doubt
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 22:32:12 PM »
I had never really thought about this before reading this topic, but then it occurred to me that we now very rarely use the restaurants on the sea front for dinner, breakfast is a whole new ball game with some great places like the wonderful Deniz Cafe's Turkish (Village) breakfast.

We just worked out on our 3 week visit last September/October we had dinner down the front only about 3 times. PLEASE don't get me wrong, if you are about to visit Calis then you will find it hard to be disappointed anywhere on the front and of course the views and sunset are (almost) free. But I guess after going there for a few years, the pleasure we find now is in discovering those small back street, family run places that serve great food, Oztuklu in the fish market being a great example or Jumping on a Dolmus and going up to Uzumulu wine house for lunch or getting out to any number of great places in Kaya Koy is what we look forward to now.
I don't think that there any rights or wrongs in topic, just go for what you like, but remember there are a thousand hidden 'diamonds' just waiting o be discovered.

Offline june

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »
Yes agree with you Keith...... No chef does stop and think 'let's do something completely different'.....if they did you know what would happen...  They would all follow suit wouldn't they! :).

Rimms totally agree with you too, for those of us that have been going for so many years you have seen it alll before and you  do get more adventurous as opposed to eating on the prom as we all would have done in the early years, but as you say there are many gems there, we go to the same place as you in the fish Market it's one of our favourites, looking and smelling all the lovely vegetables and fruit and also the spices behind you...... And Kaya another favourite of ours, never been to the winehouse  In Uzumlu so that's on our list :)
we have much still to go at....

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 10:53:28 AM »
one bugbear of mine is the rose carved out of a tomatoe!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 11:29:37 AM »
June the wine house is fab, sit on their tiny upstairs private terrace under the grape vines which overlooks the village houses and mountains beyond, it wonderful. There is a deserted and derelict building right opposite the wine house, I would love to put in a offer to buy it if I could find the owner, it has so much potential, have a look when you go up there.

Offline june

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 19:31:42 PM »
Rimms, we will go and I will definately have a look at the derelict place,will find out who owns it for you if you like?, we will go there when we are over in October, this may mean as we are in Uzumlu that I have to visit the animal sanctuary.....been avoiding it as there are so many lovely poochies and moggies there...oh well......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf