Author Topic: indian/ mexican/ what ever else  (Read 5311 times)

Offline littlereddevil

indian/ mexican/ what ever else
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 18:41:13 PM »
I have to say I have had some fantastic pizzas in turkey

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 18:46:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by rhodie

I cant immagine going all the way to Fethiye to eat cury you cant even get a proper one in the UK just a stogy english version of something that will shock most true Asians, however, there are great places to eat/dine in Fethiye with realy good service looovvveeeely as for hagis I have driven to the west of Scotland many a time for a good Hagis, a good wisky and fun nights so for the real stuff go to India and for hagis go to Scotland and for Turkish go to Fethiye. man i,m getting hungry think i'll fly over to Fethiye for a weekend.

I agree that you are definitely not going to get any authentic food in Turkey other than Turkish food (which they do quite well in some places to be fair). However the idea that for those of us living in the UK that the only way to enjoy Indian food is to book two flights to Mumbai is quite frankly ridiculous. The Indian customers in our local curry house and Chinese in our local Chinky (bet you can't say that anymore?) don't seem to have any problems with the authenticity of their meals. In fact, the Chinese folk dining in the one we go to often outnumber the rest of us.

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 11:29:05 AM »
My brother went to a Chinese restaurant (you know, the one that doesn't like cats and has lost a lot of business as a result) last year because he has a particular hankering for "Hot and Sour" soup. I don't think he expected it to be perfect but it was clear they had no idea what constituted a hot and sour soup as it was certainly neither of them. Moral of the story, when in Rome eat as the Romans do and not what the Romans think is a decent guess at some of the stuff you like to eat at home.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf