Author Topic: Orient restaurant  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Orient restaurant
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 22:04:21 PM »
Yes I thought that too  :)

Offline AndyLin

Orient restaurant
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:10 AM »
Sue, George is now at Cafe Soul, not sure who will be working there this summer as none of the lads were paid their full amount of wages owed to them at the end of the season

Offline Bluwise

Orient restaurant
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »
Really.....well, we will have to visit cafe soul then - whereabouts is it, don't think we've tried that one yet :D  
How awful not to be paid when you have worked so hard.  I do hope it gets sorted for everyone.

Offline Christie

Orient restaurant
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »
It is a shame if George has not been paid  he has worked for Mehmet for a long time.  We like to go to the Orient as Mehmet has always made us very welcome and is very friendly to us.  Unfortunately in the past year or so the food has not been up to scratch and we have been left disappointed.   Hopefully the 'new' Orient will return to the good food, comfort and service of a few years back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Orient restaurant
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 13:28:32 PM »
The Orient really was the place to eat at one stage, I think many would agree with that. We found that after Falcon moved on, the portions of everything just got smaller and smaller, and the menu also just got stuck in a time warp. We love Falcon and also George, but Falcon was a restaurant manager and George a waiter (albeit a very good one). Once Falcon went, things changed and I have a feeling it was him and his management that prevented the meals getting smaller and also keeping the menu lively and trying new things.

It's a real shame, we have many great memories of the Orient - I too would wish that it's refurb will herald it's return to being one of the great restaurants of Calis.

Offline Christie

Orient restaurant
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 14:34:06 PM »
could not agree more

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Orient restaurant
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 17:14:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

T We love Falcon and also George, but Falcon was a restaurant manager and George a waiter (albeit a very good one). Once Falcon went, things changed and I have a feeling it was him and his management that prevented the meals getting smaller and also keeping the menu lively and trying new things.

A sad loss to the prom when Falcon changed careers!:(

Offline davybill

Orient restaurant
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 09:50:27 AM »
went by the orient express last night it no longer there, been demolished,
also heard kale park been flattened because illegal build.

Offline posleeds

Orient restaurant
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 14:05:31 PM »
No doubt the land is far more valuable to the owner for residential building rather than commercial use.
Any little gaps on the sea front promenade are currently undergoing residential development...extremely lucrative by all accounts!

Offline Foosey

Orient restaurant
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 17:02:29 PM »
My husband is in Calis at the minute sorting out the finishing touches to our villa in Uzumlu. The situation with the Orient Express is .. It is a refurb as Scunner previously said. There is going to be 2 floors, retaurant downstairs and a bar upstairs. George & the other staff will be returning when the refurb is completed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf