Author Topic: Sun camp  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Sun camp
« on: September 06, 2011, 18:42:30 PM »
Seems to be closed went out to find it last night it was all in darkness

Offline turkeysue

Sun camp
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 20:34:00 PM »
omg...on the top of our list to try..out this coming saturday.:-\ hey ho back to our list...:D

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Sun camp
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:57:13 AM »
perhaps they are just having a well deserved evening off.  i know they hve worked hard this season trying to get things sorted.  We spent a couple of lovely days there on the beach....so relaxing and tranquil.  And what lovely people....Mr Pookie and I wish them every success, we look forward to going back next spring to see what they have done to it.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Sun camp
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »
I just went to drop some freinds off this morning 11.15am the place is deserted, all the shelves cleared etc
Mark

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Sun camp
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 13:33:53 PM »
Yes Pookie, not just lovely people, the best people and I have contacted Birol and Claire to mention these posts. Claire informs me that the partnership they had for the restaurant and the beach bar has terminated (as these things do), causing the whole site to have become their sole responsibility and if they thought it was hard initially, it was nothing compared to the work and strain having the whole kit and caboodle to run (what the hell is a caboodle anyway?!)

Claire did email me and I confess she attached a file which wouldn't open and I didn't pursue it. Anyway, what it said is that the Sun Camp Beach Bar is open daily but presently the back restaurant is closed - and also now, special tables on the beach can be requested/pre-booked for evening dining. There will also be more in the winter, 2-3 nights of special beachfront events, music, BBQs etc.

I got a bit of a sideswipe post from a newbie member here on the subject of Sun Camp recently, saying something like it is ok to advertise a business on here "depending on who you are". Silly cow, I have nothing to do with Sun Camp whatsoever - I always help advertise new ventures in the area, as people who have had new ventures in the area will readily tell you. For Sun Camp I know just how hard they work - and I want to see them reach the point where they stop doing 25 hours a day and get time to relax now and again.

Big apologies sent to anyone who took a trip down that way not knowing it was bookings only for evenings. Please support those who deserve it! :D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Sun camp
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 17:53:12 PM »
This does come as a surprise to us, as we spent most of yesterday at the Sun Camp, and had a great day.  Finishing things off at around 7 with a well deserved G&T for the Present Mrs Tickets and my good self.  Met Claire and agree with Keith that she is a great host, and whilst we only used the beach and the beach bar, it was more than enough for us to recommend it as a must do day out in Calis.  Even more so when you consider that I cycled down there AND back ;)

Offline tel

Sun camp
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 18:42:35 PM »
Koca Calis in fact. Was the beer still 5TL?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Sun camp
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 18:52:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tel

Was the beer still 5TL?

Here is the wording of the Land of Shi Lights advert:

"......the  perfect  place  to relax  & unwind:..

Located in Koca Calis and set in 11,000 sqm of grassed and sandy areas our beachfront café & bar is open from 08.00 every day.

·   FREE SUN-BEDS with plenty of natural shade & large awnings.
·   FREE WIRELESS INTERNET
·   Hot & cold snacks/sandwiches available
·   Low background music played in the bar area
·   Bottled beer 5TL
·   Large glass of wine 6TL
·   Clean beach.
·   Clean W.C.'s & 2 outside showers

·   Every Saturday Night - 18 TL per person beachfront dining with choice of fresh fish, chicken, home-made kofte, mezes & salad.  (prawns & calamari optional for an additional charge).  Reservation please.

·   Every Monday Night - 18 TL per person white meat BBQ with campfire. Reservation please.

·   Every Night -  candlelit tables can also be set up on the beach - please advise whether you would like to eat fresh fish, prawns, calamari, chicken or red meat when making a reservation.

For all reservations please call Claire (0537 916 8351)

Planning a special event?  our spacious grassed area provides the perfect venue for fundraising events, cocktail evenings, weddings, anniversary and birthday celebrations!

Check out our photos on Facebook  -   " suncamp beach"::

:.a truly magical place::

Address:  Koca Calis, Sahil Yolu, Fethiye  -   www.suncampfethiye.com "

Offline tel

Sun camp
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 21:18:02 PM »
I heard it was 5tl Keith from a chum who also said the cheapest is 3.50tl in Koca Calis.Probably cheaper the further you get away from Sunset Beach apartments.So you get what you pay for huh.Free sunbeds and shade in Koca Calis and most have free wi-fi I believe.Not been over the beach bars for sometime,so was curious as I just swim there most mornings.Think the jeeps put some people off and the close proximity of the kite surfers.I hope your friends do better than Sunset Garden Beach club next door.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Sun camp
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 21:37:21 PM »
Well selling beer at 3.5 lira isn't likely to keep bars afloat Tel, as we have witnessed how many times  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf