Author Topic: tea bags  (Read 2875 times)

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
tea bags
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »
Just before I go, I thought I would share this with you
when we were over in may, a certain british lady cafe owner, asked me if I was coming back would I bring her some english teabags back with me! was a little surprised as I would hardly say we were on first name terms, and we have only had a breakfast there twice! anyway
me being a softy or a mug so my hubby said :o thought I would bring some back for her in July. I went to the cash and carry and got 1200 Typhoo teabags, at a very good price, probably a third of supermarket prices, I know what your thinking why so many, but I thought might has well make it worth her while, they took all my hand luggage allowance, and by this time hubby was going mad, anyway took them in the cost was around twelve pounds, the owner wasn't in so we had two breakfasts which was roughly the equivalent so i said we could call it straight but the guy who spoke perfectly good english wanted the extra £1,50, haha you have to laugh, on passing the cafe the next day as we walked past the guy pointed us out to her, she gave us a glance and looked away. how bloody hardfaced, a shop owner over the road says she does it all the time, well not to me she wont, people aye: :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
tea bags
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 16:31:07 PM »
I bet I could "Name that "lady" in one" !!: :)[:(!]

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
tea bags
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 16:38:13 PM »
Time to name and shame I think

Offline BM06

tea bags
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 17:16:35 PM »
N&S

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
tea bags
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 20:47:10 PM »
maria, the lovely maria, think you have to be hardfaced to survive in
 Turkey and by god she is hardfaced

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
tea bags
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »
One place we have never visited. However, nice to have the heads up.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
tea bags
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »
Bee N/S who are they and did you mean 12tl .[?]

quote:
Originally posted by bee

Just before I go, I thought I would share this with you
when we were over in may, a certain british lady cafe owner, asked me if I was coming back would I bring her some english teabags back with me! was a little surprised as I would hardly say we were on first name terms, and we have only had a breakfast there twice! anyway
me being a softy or a mug so my hubby said :o thought I would bring some back for her in July. I went to the cash and carry and got 1200 Typhoo teabags, at a very good price, probably a third of supermarket prices, I know what your thinking why so many, but I thought might has well make it worth her while, they took all my hand luggage allowance, and by this time hubby was going mad, anyway took them in the cost was around twelve pounds, the owner wasn't in so we had two breakfasts which was roughly the equivalent so i said we could call it straight but the guy who spoke perfectly good english wanted the extra £1,50, haha you have to laugh, on passing the cafe the next day as we walked past the guy pointed us out to her, she gave us a glance and looked away. how bloody hardfaced, a shop owner over the road says she does it all the time, well not to me she wont, people aye: :)

Offline wilf007

tea bags
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 14:07:13 PM »
She did the same to me, asked for some things which I brought over. It only came to about £10, so I said dont worry bout it. Then she charged me for a glass of coke! LOL

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
tea bags
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 20:06:08 PM »
Joseph did the same to us a few years back. (we have learned more sense now). He asked us for 2 bottles of vodka and the charged us for 2 vodka and cokes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf