Author Topic: Food Intolerance  (Read 2992 times)

Offline cazza

Food Intolerance
« on: June 19, 2012, 19:24:02 PM »
Looking forward to my visit to Calis in a few weeks, but its my first visit since being diagnosed with some food intolerances.

So was just wondering how accommodating are the restaurants in Calis for food intolerances?  Are some restaurants better than others?  I am unable to eat wheat and dairy.  Also MSG (but I assume that if I steer clear of the chinese food I should be ok with this?). 

Thanks

Offline grizabella

Re: Food Intolerance
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 07:45:29 AM »
Bostans can do wheat and lactose free dishes.Speak to Carol,Receps wife when you go in.She is wheat and lacctose intolerant so you will have no worries about any of the dishes she prepares for you.Barbellas make gluten free cakes and bread.You need to order them in advance as they dont always have them every day.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:19:13 AM »
Boston's is quite a long way away near the hospital, so it depends where you are staying Cazza.  I  think most of the restaurants would make you a meal without wheat  and dairy it you explain the situation to them. Also, the fish is really good and a fish and salad meal is lovely and all the restaurants will serve you fish. 

Offline Lynn25

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 18:38:43 PM »
My partner is allergic to eggs, nuts & fish and we have always found all the restaurants we've eaten in along the front helpful with menu choices.  He obviously steers clear of anything he knows for definate contain these but anything we're not sure of, e.g meatballs, koftas, sauces & dressings etc that may be made with egg, we just ask and have never had a problem in 5 years.

Offline cazza

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 19:53:02 PM »
Thank you all for your help.

I will try and get to the new Bostans for a meal, also Barbella's sounds great! 

I think the one thing I am going to miss is the bread, especially the pepper bread and BBQ wrap in Mozaik Bahce!

Yes I also enjoy fish over there, so think that will feature heavily in my diet!

Offline Kirsty26

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 17:50:14 PM »
HI

I am a ceoliac and I find eating in Calis so much easier than eating here.
I downloaded the allergy cards on to my phone so that the Turkish translation of my condition was to hand and I showed it when required.
Staff would tell me what I could eat off the menu and several places asked what it was that I wanted and would alter it so I could eat there.

I found Casa Di Mama. Harems and most of all Barbella's to be exceptionally helpful.

Barbella's even asked me for a recipe for a desert i could eat and created a gluten free brownie, which I hear is still on the menu. I am so excited to see that they make gluten free bread now (yum)

I think you will find them all very helpful and I hope that you have a lovely holiday  ;D

Offline cazza

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 20:51:25 PM »
Thanks Kirsty

I have had some problems eating out over here in the UK, so I was a little worried I would have the same problems in Calis, but I'm no longer worried.

Barbella does sound like it is a must try!  Also Casa di Mama is a favourite of mine, so its good to know I can still eat in there.

Thanks again

Offline cazza

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 17:18:06 PM »
I had a great stay in Calis, and no real problem in any restaurants.  Casa di Mama, Bambu, Mozaik Bahce and Serkul 1 were very helpful.

I just wish the restaurants in the UK were just as accommodating!  Now planning my next trip.  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf