Author Topic: Calis Beach Indian Restaurant  (Read 9575 times)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: Calis Beach Indian Restaurant
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 22:21:55 PM »
People enjoy a curry - to be honest the best curry we have eaten was in Fuengirola, Spain.  Absolutely beautiful.  We don't go for curry too much in Turkey because on a whole they are not that great but we have had some fairly good ones - ok they were not quite what we were expecting but still very tasty,  and we will be trying out the Calis Beach one.   We went to Bombay Corner a few years back, and although the curry was quite acceptable there were a lot of quite loud speaking ex-pats in there talking about their bank balances and interest rates etc.   We never went back. 
I don't really care if I upset anyone but this kind of post is starting to really p**s me off.  I am an ex-pat and have been here for 9 years nearly.  Yes, when you go out you will get a lot of people talking about finances/survival/interest rates etc. etc.  When we go back to the UK that is all a lot of people talk about too.  What do you expect from people who live here...it's no different than having to listen to folk going on about the exchange rate/the state of the beach/the quality of the chips blah blah blah...BORING.

What was wrong with the chips? ???

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 22:34:40 PM »
Usually people discuss that they are served cold, swimming in oil on a bed of kitchen roll.

:)

Offline davybill

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 08:42:23 AM »
What do you talk about Christie, how good the food is good in spain?

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 10:52:43 AM »
When suats 1665 was open that was best curry ever ,wrong spelling ,best curry we have ever had even better than most english absolutely brilliant ,such a shame they shut down brilliant chef ,. :'(

Offline Christie

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
In reply to Davybill's comments - we talk about many things but we don't talk about our personal finances and we don't talk so loudly that people two tables away can hear our conversation.   

Offline Steve A

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 17:18:21 PM »
Back on topic we had lunch there on Wednesday,steak sandwich,chips,salad,efes.all hot,best sarnie in a long while.great staff and location,reasonably priced too.the lads are heading towards their first season and owners so I would encourage people to visit,they do a full menu not just indian

Offline amca

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 17:50:44 PM »
.....steak sandwich,chips,salad,efes.all hot,

Hot efes ?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 22:15:09 PM »
I also take Christies point about the ex-pat thing. Although on the our visit it wasn't ex-pats. Just British holiday makers behaving like it was a drunken stag night. Not very pleasant. I guess you just live & learn.

Are you sure it wasn`t the fat cow that used to own it   ;)

oops ....  I forgot, cows are sacred in India  :D

Offline Firo

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 17:12:29 PM »
So back to the topic has anyone eaten in the NEW Indian (no more reviews for a restaurant now closed needed) as we have heard that there is a new chef.

Offline Eric

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 12:42:35 PM »
I will post this in both threads so people can read it in either.

Well 8 of us went here last night.  We had, between us, 8 starters, 8 mains, 8 rice, 8 popadoms and pickles, 2 peshwari nans, 1 sagaloo, 1 extra onion bajis plus 2 rounds of various drinks (Beer, spirits etc).  The total was 398tl, under 50tl per head.  Very good service and we all agreed it was one of the best curries we had tasted outside the UK (lol)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf