Author Topic: Entertainment for Europeans  (Read 8685 times)

Offline tonyb

Re: Entertainment for Europeans
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 19:41:00 PM »
I would agree that some form of entertainment is needed, but people singing to backing tracks of "Is this the way to Amarillo?" with audience participitation is not the answer. This is Calis & not Benidorm, thank God. One of the major problems is a decent size venue other than a bar or restaurant, which limits the audience most of the time to people eating in the particular place.The only place I can think of at present is Guitarici, just off the main street. Very relaxing & excellent musicians.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 21:01:34 PM »
do you mean what we know as the guitar bar or even the duck pond bar, we always go there, the music is great and the atmosphere even better.  Lots of people don't even know its there, one of Calis's best kept secrets.

Offline tonyb

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 19:03:31 PM »
Yes Echogirl1, I do. Great atmosphere, really nice relaxing music, played by excellent musicians & you're right, one of Calis's hidden(not too hidden) gems. Great place to relax after a meal. If I'm not mistaken, it was originally spotted by Toky. A real gem. Worth the extra lira for a nice Efes & iced coffee for she who must be obeyed (sometimes) !!!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 22:28:38 PM »
Really annoying are the places where they play music videos with the sound off and play different music at the same time. Why?

Offline George Warner

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »
Paid a visit to the Istanbul Restaurant in Kaya last night ,whilst the BBQ was pretty much the same as elsewhere,its the entertainment that makes a visit worthwhile,easy listening Jazz live from a very accomplished duo,sax and vocals,only complaint,wished they had gone on longer,only about ninety minutes.But then again i'm picky.At 35 tl for food,three courses,and the sound, excellent value.
One of the few places where we shall go again.

Offline Treacle6

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 21:47:42 PM »
Please could someone tell me why most of the bars in calis have t.vs on most of the time sorry but it drives me made

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 21:53:48 PM »
We were in a restaurant recently when a fellow's criteria for sitting down for a meal in the adjoining restaurant was whether or not they were showing the Chelsea game. :(

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 00:08:24 AM »
We went to Mekan on their Turkish night.  They had a very dodgy belly dancer who was almost a lap dancer (quite a few people walked out) but they also had a flame thrower/dancer who was superb.  He danced after dark and it was quite spectacular.  We took some friends back the following week and, whilst they found the belly dancer a bit bizarre, they loved the flame dance who was joined this time by another one and was even better.   ;D

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »
Personally I'm glad that the bars in Calis/Fethiye are not  full of ex hasbeens "entertainers"  from the UK. We observed this for years when we holidayed regulary in Spain, that they all seemed to make their way to the Spanish resorts when they'd past their best in the UK venues.  The one or two who are on the circuit in Turkey at the moment are very mediocre and dated to say the least. IMHO!

Offline kismetbar

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 10:57:17 AM »
Some of these so-called "has-beens" are people who have worked their trade in working mens clubs for years and have never been "has-beens"! Just because they are not at the top of the charts or appearing on naff reality talent shows, doesn't demean their talent, as the previous (offensive) posting states!! In my opinion, if people think that the likes of Andrew & Glen, Shelley, Jamie Vincent and Paul Wynter are "has-beens", I dread to think what the talent of today is!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf