Author Topic: Dawn Beach Fillet Steaks  (Read 5523 times)

Offline iancarol

• Hull, UK
Re: Dawn Beach Fillet Steaks
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 21:10:53 PM »
Why not. By the way the steaks aren't bad.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
I'll get mi coat !!

Offline Sea Cruiser

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 20:35:33 PM »
The Good and the Bad - Fillet Steaks at Dawn Beach!!!   Well after reading this forum and members comments on their steaks and as a resident for 7 years.  after a birthday treat this evening my partner and I both made an order surrounding fillet steak.  As there has been the odd question of steak quality we asked to view a fillet steak before cooking. It was duly brought to the table and definitely had the right shape, colour and texture of a fillet steak. That's the good bit!!!  My partners choice was fillet steak medium rare no trimmings.  My choice was fillet steak prepared medium steak diane.  Both meals when they arrived were identical.  The fillet steak without trimmings came with their variation of diane sauce.  My steak diane as identical to my partners a watery sauce with minimal cream not a teaspoon full of bandy and not flambĂ©. On complaint to what appeared to be senior management response was chefs mistake!  No offer to change or offer of anything!  As an independent add on two customers at a nearby table were presented with their meals one of them supposedly a lamb shank.  This lamb shank was barely 3 inches long and with its trimmings was so small you could not see it in an oval casserole dish.  Needless to say he refused to pay for it and sent it back immediately.  This visit was as a view to using this venue as one of our evening winter venues, but from this experience I doubt we will be eating evening meals here. This supports our personal opinion that the Calis Beach restaurants are little better than up market cafes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf