Author Topic: vojos..oh dear..  (Read 12047 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

vojos..oh dear..
« on: July 07, 2014, 16:46:02 PM »
Today we arranged to meet a good CBF friend that is staying in Calis. She wanted to experience a lovely kuvalti herself,as she had seen mine and menthols facebook pics from denizitsi. So she went to vojos on the front and asked there did they do Turkish breakfast they, said they did. Me, Menthol arranged to meet the lovely Bluewise there this morning with great anticipation..this is what we were served...attached pic
We couldn,t believe it,  called the waiter over thinking he had got us mixed up with hotel guests..he insisted this was a Turkish breakfast..I started to get a bit peed off, said to him "listen love, we are,nt tourists, we live here and know what kuvalti looks like, and this aint it. He  apologised, scurried off to the kitchen, and returned saying, that was it..Another English guy came out and said they advertised kuvalti the beginning of the year, no one ordered it, so they didnt do it now. We explained the lady checked last night that they did kuvalti, he just said sorry..to add insult to injury there was an eyelash next to the cucumber and then a cockroach was on Aisha,s mum,s shoulder..I kid you not..
Will we ever visit Vojo,s again..the answer to that will be  NOOO
I advise you to check what you are actually going to be getting at this restaurant before you sit down to eat...
so disappointed and embarrassed that Bluewise who is on holiday from uk  should be so let down..

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 21:57:53 PM by slikmrs »

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: vojos..oh dear..
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 19:05:28 PM »
This is what Turkish breakfast should look like..

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 19:40:27 PM »
Wow! That looks divine! We love that place I'm drooling now. :-\

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 20:00:51 PM »
lol, I asked did they do pide, they answered yes.
I received a circular margarita pizza  :)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 20:01:40 PM »
My husband and I try to have Turkish Breakfast once a week when we have the morning off work. He is Turkish and I try to give him to remind him of Turkey but he says it's more me who wants it   ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 20:10:48 PM »
I would think, playing Devil's Advocate here, this restaurant probably caters 99% for Tourists and I am sure not a lot would ask for a Turkish Breakfast.  I have seen the Prom at Fethiye(which is pictured in the second thread) where lots of Turkish people eat and I have seen them served  the Turkish Breakfast which looks lovely.   I am sure it must be expensive to get all the ingredients in for a Turkish Breakfast when it's not called for in your locality.  However, it would be best to tell people first you don't serve a full Turkish breakfast.    ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 20:19:30 PM »

I am sure it must be expensive to get all the ingredients in for a Turkish Breakfast

I am sure it would cost next to bugger all to get all the ingredients in for a Turkish breakfast!

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 20:51:44 PM »
I'm shocked because Vojo's are one of the few restaurants who bend over backwards to provide exactly what you ask for.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 21:03:53 PM »
The price charged for kuvalti in both locations is 10 lira.
In summer the price at denizitsi however you spell it is 15lira. As I mentioned Bluewise wanted to sample turkish breakfast, and the choice of location was hers. So she went to vojos the night before,( yesterday, ) and asked if they served it. They said they did. Hence us visiting vojos.
The single plate we were all served consisted of a prepack square of honey,butter,jam etc, and looked more like what you would get in a b&b.
Hardly the Turkish experience we were expecting. When we ate kuvalti at denizi, we were rhere for over an hour, included Turkish cay, as much as you could drink, service and food were excellent..

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 21:06:27 PM »
I'm shocked because Vojo's are one of the few restaurants who bend over backwards to provide exactly what you ask for.

When they feel like it.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf