Author Topic: vojos..oh dear..  (Read 12608 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: vojos..oh dear..
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 21:11:12 PM »
Unless you know of an another vojos shameless then I,ll have to disagree.
We have eaten there once by choice where the lasagne wasnt cooked. Once for a do, where the food was pretty tasteless, and my third and final time today..

Offline raygans

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 21:54:12 PM »
What a shame you were disappointed,I asked in a previous post regarding where to go for both a good English and turkish breakfast and Volos was recommended not sure weather to try there now.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 22:59:57 PM »
The price charged for kuvalti in both locations is 10 lira.

Whilst being disappointed by your experience, a couple of random thoughts.....because I am 100% sure Volkan will respond on here when he has a spare moment in his busy life.

1. ... both locations charge the same..... one may be a loss leader. Would need to compare whole menu to assess.

2.... . presumably the problem arose in the morning when neither Volkan and/or Jo were there to address the problem personally (understandably - there are only so many hours in a day).

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 23:02:08 PM »
Such a shame about today. We were so looking forward to meeting Bluwise - who most definitely didn't disappoint :D - and I think we'd have all felt slightly less miffed if Bluwise hadn't very specifically checked the day before about whether in fact the restaurant did serve Turkish kahvaltı.

Restaurants: don't say you can do what you then subsequently cannot deliver. Please. The resentment was tangible.

slikmrs to staff member: 'Excuse me. Is this Village Breakfast?'

staff member to slikmrs: 'Yes'

My Mum to staff member: 'Which village do you come from?'  ;D

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:05:55 AM »
H if you ask anyone that has experienced a Turkish Kuvalti,what we received did not compare.The way it,s served and the experience of looking at lots of Turkish dishes and Turkish cay. Price doesn,t come into it. We would have paid whatever the cost was,that's why I questioned if this was a Kuvalti.
It would be like you going to ask for a Scottish breakfast and them serving you half a sausage,a spoon of beans,and an egg..

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »
I have to support what is being said above.  I did indeed check that a village breakfast was available prior to us going.  We had a bit of a giggle about it when I asked as odd job and another chap (usually wears a cap backwards) who thought we wanted it there and then (evening) nevertheless, he did say "yes" we do village breakfast.
I had suggested Vojos as it was the only place in Calis that I had seen advertising their Village breakfast and I was so looking forward to it.
I thought the shrugging of shoulders attitude was probably the most annoying and then the  excuses a close second.  Neither Volkan nor Jo were there at the time - I don't know them but have seen pics on here and FB.
Good job the new coffee shop delivers the goods - delicious coffee and cake!
Was still one of the highlights of my hol - meeting the fabulous slikmrs, Menthol and her delightful Mum - shame on Vojos in this instance.

Offline raygans

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 10:35:51 AM »
New coffee shop,delicious coffee and cake where is this please Bluewise

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 11:34:47 AM »
It's where the Indian used to be at the Dolphin-less roundabout in Calis.  Not sure if you know where that is ? From the beach, go over the wooden bridge by the water taxis until you get to the main road.  It's on the corner there.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 12:23:05 PM »
The sat restaurant does a fantastic Turkish buffet on Sundays 9-30 to 2-00 pm.If your friends are still here then its worth a go. 

Offline simpsons

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 13:11:02 PM »
I just wonder why Volkan or Jo has not replied yet to this topic. They are always there when praise is given for Vojo's. Remember it is not just a complaint, but feedback.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf