Author Topic: Chinese Restaurant on B Manco  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Bluwise

Chinese Restaurant on B Manco
« on: June 01, 2015, 17:52:01 PM »
Has anybody used this either as dine in or take away recently?  I read it had lost a bit of ground last year and wondered if there was any improvement.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Chinese Restaurant on B Manco
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 20:16:10 PM »
We used it early last month Bluwise still lovely food we are pretty boring and tend to order the same old thing!  One thing I would not bother with again is the spare ribs from there, there was hardly any meat but the rest of the dishes were good, If my memory serves me right I think I may have been one of the folk on here that had said it had gone downhill I think that was around the price increase but our food was defo nice last month...  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 21:33:20 PM »
The Shanghai Blue, we went a few times when it opened, but it definitely went down hill and we stopped using last year.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 06:59:37 AM »
Shame about the ribs - they were fab when they first opened.  Are there any other chinese restaurants apart from Serkul?  I used to like the one on the prom near Vojos.

Offline philrose

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 07:15:09 AM »
We had a take out last week the food was still good and plentiful. The whole meal with starters and mains worked out at 25tl a head...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 10:10:22 AM »
I had ribs and sent them back last time we ate there, they offered a replacement, but I declined as the ribs were so full of gristle and fat.. They did not charge for them.  We asked for a coffee after the meal and the waiter took about 5 minutes and then came back and told us they had no coffee.  Last time for us, plenty of other good places around.
Not aware of any other Chinese places.  If you like Indian, The Calis Beach Restaurant is very good.

Offline philrose

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »
Never liked it for eating in as it we found it a bit soulless but have always enjoyed the food so use it as a takeaway only and have never had to wait more than 20 minutes for the food to arrive. We've always avoided the ribs as friends had already mention that they weren't very good and overpriced. The duck and seafood options are also quite expensive compared to the rest of the dishes...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »
We did try to get a takeaway, even gave them a map of our place which is 5 minutes away.  After 1 hour of phone calls from the guy on the bike, he never found us and we just gave up and rang the Pizza Place, they also have a map and no trouble in finding us.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 11:52:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure we had their egg fried rice and a curry and a noodle dish and some mini spring rolls, all of that was lovely in fact their egg fried rice is the nicest I have ever had Ithe in a Turkey or the Uk...
It really ws only the ribs that did not do it for us Bluwise  :)

Offline Ally B

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 13:24:45 PM »
Merhaba restaurant has a Chinese section on their menu.The Chinese style steak on a sizzling plate is very good.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf