Author Topic: 90-180 day visa comes into play feb 12th 2012  (Read 24232 times)

Offline amca

90-180 day visa comes into play feb 12th 2012
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 22:15:16 PM »
Thanks Kizkucuk.

Page  5 must be looming into view.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 23:17:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

quote:
Originally posted by bewva

I know last time this all came out there was mass confusion and what if's. Not had any of these yet so I will start.
What if I go in April for 2 weeks then say after 170 days of first entry  I want to go for 3 weeks. Can I buy a new visa before my old one has run out? :-\

No  ;)

So does that mean that if my visa will run out in the middle of my stay I have to do a visa run mid holiday because I cant renew on entry after 170 days.:-\
Yet another well laid out plan, NOT.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2011, 23:22:33 PM »
No I don't think you can get a visa stamp on an island hop if your 180 day visa is still in date.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 09:30:19 AM »
We are so lucky that we have have been able to buy a visa on arrival and visa hop if we want to.  Considering the information a Turkish person has to provide for a 2 week visit to the UK I don't think we have anything to moan about.  Try finger prints, three months bank statements, your spouses bank statements, your spouses children and granchildrens birth certificates, letters from the Uk with official invitations, proof of enough money to support yourself whilst on holiday copies of tapus for any properties you own, your parents full names and ID numbers, your Mother maiden name.  A trip to Izmir for an interview and even then they can refuse to grant a visa.   The UK make it very hard for a Turkish person to holiday in the UK - I'm just grateful that Turkey aren't petty enough to offer a reciprocal service.  We knew it was coming, we've had the notice that the British Government asked for - we ain't going to change it - so we may as well just accept it and either continue to come to Turkey on holiday or choose go somewhere there is no visa.

Offline hillside

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 10:38:07 AM »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BM06

quote:

I know last time this all came out there was mass confusion and what if's. Not had any of these yet so I will start.
What if I go in April for 2 weeks then say after 170 days of first entry  I want to go for 3 weeks. Can I buy a new visa before my old one has run out? :-\

No  ;)

So does that mean that if my visa will run out in the middle of my stay I have to do a visa run mid holiday because I cant renew on entry after 170 days.:-\
Yet another well laid out plan, NOT.

I dont see why it should be any different to the 90 day visa. If I arrive on day 80 of my visa and plan to stay 14 days I MUST buy a new visa that will be valid when I leave.

Offline BM06

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
There seems to be some confusion on the topic its not about residents, (those that reside in Turkey have been breaking Turkish law for as long as they have been visa hoping) if Turkish law allows you to come and enjoy the country as a tourist by purchasing a visa at the point of entry then that is the law in Turkey, the law in other country's are obviously not all the same, its a change to the tourist visa law that is the subject, I know a lot of owners that come to there property in April, May,and June, leave for the hot months July/August, and return for September/October/November, close there property for the winter and look forward to there holidays next year, they will not be able to do that now, and can you imagine an estate agent telling you ''you are allowed to buy in Turkey but its seasonal in this area so you can only spend 90 days out of the season in your new villa/apartment'' unless of course you become a resident! of which you are clearly not. Would you make the purchase? I very much doubt it!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
I would simply say that a person living in one place in Turkey for 3 months out of 6 is at least as much resident as a person living 3 months out of 3 months in one place in Turkey was a tourist! Get the residency, call it long stay permission if it makes you deal with it better in your head, it's cheap - what's not to like :D

Offline yakamoz

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 11:53:25 AM »
I totally agree with BM06. Someone with authority needs to tell me the implications of being resident in two countries. eg tax, medical etc. I only ever bought our property home with no itention to stay beyond 90 days at any one visit.

Offline barry44544

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »
Day Jar Vew as Del Boy would say!!!!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »
But this all stands or falls on your definition of "Residency" - if you view this as a long stay visa then of course you are not a resident of Turkey - but Turkey is a place where you reside at certain times of year. Who says the British English definition of the word "residency" translates exactly into what this permission is about? We don't take any Turkish word translations as 100% gospel as there are limitations - but residency is unquestioned.

My feeling is that it is a long stay permission, allowing you to reside (taking the definition of reside = exist in/be alive at, not the definition of reside = be a permanent resident of - both can be correct) in Turkey longer than a "tourist". Residency is a word we (us British) gave this permission I think - and if you check the dictionary definitions there are several - of course those with a wish to moan and complain will never be satisfied and will choose the legal definition that suits them.

The other almost laughable side is that many people who complain about visas of different types would be baying for blood if tens of thousands of Turks were in the UK on 3 month visitor visas and able to stay permanently by nipping off on day trips to Calais to get a new one on their return - but again, that's about other people wanting to stay in our country, not us great Brits requiring to waltz in to someone else's whenever we decide to, and for as long as we like.

If you have a better plan, let's hear it!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf