Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 6861 times)

Offline Sus

Tinnitus
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 13:54:05 PM »
Will give a zinc supplement a go as well will let you know if it works.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Tinnitus
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 18:41:12 PM »
Thanks Hamilton and all, the reason I started the thread was to find things that work for the individual but not what the doctor would reccomend. The Otex has not really made a difference for me but it was worth a try.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Tinnitus
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 18:47:51 PM »
I thought I had it until I read this. I have a mild form I think in an ear in which the hearing has deteriated due to catarrh- and its like a faint buzz thats all! I can imagine it could drive a person mad! Not a funny condition at all! Mind you neither are haemorrhoids but we cant help but titter about them!

Offline Christie

Tinnitus
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 12:44:33 PM »
There is an article in the Daily Mail today under the Good Health page that gives new ways of tackling the problem of tinnitus, plus some other ways that could help.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Tinnitus
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 13:21:07 PM »
Thanks Christie, I will go and buy a copy.

Offline ladydiver

Tinnitus
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 15:39:21 PM »
Very interesting reading.  For those of us who cannot go and buy The Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2084413/Tinnitus-How-putting-balloon-nose-eases-it.html

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Tinnitus
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 17:12:59 PM »
Yes I thought so to, although it seems some time away before the results of the trials are known, I was interested to read that nasal steroid spray can be beneficial, I was prescribed this recently to help with a condition unrelated to my tinnitus and it does seem to have been better of late.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Tinnitus
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 21:30:57 PM »
I have it in my left ear, got it after banging my head on the cupboard, and burst the eardrum, I had an operation, where they take a skin graft from the temple area and put it on the eardrum,but the whistling never went, I have also tried the zinc and that never worked, a homeopathic said anything with caffeine in makes it worse, and of course certain drinks,especially tonic water, my worse time is trying to get asleep, and its really difficult to try and ignore it, I had clock once that sent out ! pleasant noises to help you to get to sleep,but it got on my nerves after a while, and having read this topic it seems to have gone louder, lol.anyone learns anymore I would be very interested.

Offline Sus

Tinnitus
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 03:06:35 AM »
I have been drinking tonic water over the last three weeks and my tinnitus has got worse, which I could not understand because it had been so much better.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf