Author Topic: A message from the Foça Mahallesi Muhtar in Fethiye.  (Read 1788 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
A message from the Foça Mahallesi Muhtar in Fethiye.
« on: March 19, 2020, 12:39:45 PM »
"Samples from virus suspects taken at Hospitals in Fethiye are sent to Ankara and the result is returned one day later. So far no virus has been detected in Fethiye, but this does not mean that it will not be encountered.

At present planes will not be landing at Dalaman until 17th April and locals should not go on holidays

We have a 1.5 month process ahead of us in the region and country and we should be patient and careful.

If we can start the tourist season on 1st May, the number of tourists will still be 2% more than last year. ( Personally, I think he's being VERY optimistic. The season may well be able to start on 1st May, but it doesn't necessarily mean that tourists will be able or want to travel there. I think Fethiye and the surrounding resorts will struggle to even match last year's figures. )

Everyone should accept the situation and we should take personal precautions. Friends, our goal should be to get out of this crisis environment in the most harmless way.

A law has be enacted for helping tourism professionals regarding tax and bank loans.

The problem is not just one persons problem, it is all of our problems, but let's proceed carefully together."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf