Author Topic: A nice Turkey experience  (Read 5652 times)

Offline gt

A nice Turkey experience
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 09:12:43 AM »
just as most everybody has said this is why we love the place.

Yes there are a minority who try to spoil the place,ie persons stealing/house theft and bitching.

But if you know these go on and blank them out the true turkey (places in the sun) comes through shinning.

Offline cani gonulden

A nice Turkey experience
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 22:40:45 PM »
usually you will find that these sort of people that cheat etc come from other places in turkey and are only here (ie. hisaronu, calis fethiye)because the storys get around, you know what i mean, for what they can get from you, spoils it for the people actually brought up in these areas.

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
A nice Turkey experience
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 19:15:21 PM »
Now who's generalising and slagging off those innocent people who do nothing of the kind! YOU are being offensive!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 19:15:58 PM by valentine »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
A nice Turkey experience
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 19:39:39 PM »
What a shame that Cani is getting her head bitten off. Not surprising that new people are scared to post on here. I don't think that she mentioned thieves. When we had a spate of robberies  The police told us that it was a gang that came in from Izmir for the season. It isn't unusual for any resort in the world to have these gangs that come in for the tourist season. She wasn't saying that everyone who doesn't live in Fethiye is a criminal. I am sure that Cani didn't mean to cause offence. Anne x

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
A nice Turkey experience
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 21:08:58 PM »

I agree Anne, and it seems that Brownbear knows that all native Fethiye residents are rip off merchants! Tripe! There will always be an element of dishonesty wherever you are,if you think otherwise you are naive, but you just cannot generalise about one group of people. He is doing exactly what he is accusing Cani of.

Offline brownbear

A nice Turkey experience
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 01:43:07 AM »

valentine/mercury

I posted what I posted on purpose. I was making a point by generalising like that, but I dont suppose anyone realised that, its called SARCASM (self inflicted)

To quote: "usually you will find that these sort of people that cheat etc come from other places in turkey and are only here (ie. hisaronu, calis fethiye)because the storys get around, you know what i mean, for what they can get from you, spoils it for the people actually brought up in these areas."

I dont think I was biting anyones head of, I think its a bit much that people go ahead and "bite my head off" when someone else can post the same sort of comment and I get accused of biting their head off, I mean I exactly aint some mad rock star to go around biting heads off things am I ?  :)

When you start talking about "these kinds of people" it gets very scary , its the old "us and them" scenario you'll be wanting "them" locked up somewhere where they can't bother you next.

Just because someone has come to fethiye to work does not mean they are not here to earn an honest living and it doesn't either mean that they are saints either.

To spell it out there is bad in every section of society and every strata, I don't like generalisation and was taking the micky (out of my OWN post) when I put my previous post on.

If that isn't clear cut, I'm sorry but I can't spell it out any clearer, you either understand or don't.

BB
bb

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
A nice Turkey experience
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 08:15:12 AM »

Unfortunately BB you cannot read sarcasm into the written word, so posts are taken to mean what they read. However this is getting way off topic - which is a "NICE Turkey experience" not yet another about being ripped off. Can we get back on thread please, lets hear something positive about the place we are supposed to love!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf