Author Topic: use of this forum  (Read 4417 times)

Offline tracysarmis

use of this forum
« on: August 08, 2007, 16:09:33 PM »
This is especially for SCUNNER KEITH. Thanks.I have just today signed on to this forum and made a mistake by asking a question in the restaurant Review guide.This was very quickly replied to by SCUNNER and locked.I am new to the forum and I have to say your attitude to my fist posting is crap. I am sorry for not reading the information correctly !!And to make a joke about the misspelling of SHINE is also crap.Some people suffer from DYSLEXIA and stuggle each day when just looking at a keyboard!!!! I expect this will get locked too..
Thanks NEW MEMBER Tracy

Offline mavisim

use of this forum
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 16:27:01 PM »
tracy, from what I can see, the post that Scunner made in response to your mispelling of the word Shine was just done in jest. As you can see at the end of the post there's a wink icon.  ;)

It's a common trait on here, where we sometimes mispell something that makes the original post look a tad funny. It's got nothing to do with demeaning dyslexic sufferers and I for one have also pointed fun at other peoples mispelling in the past without giving this a thought.

I don't know about the closing of the topic, but recently there's been more than a spate of misplaced topics, but I agree, as a new member, things should be much more lenient.

I am sure it's nothing personal.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
use of this forum
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 16:30:28 PM »
Tracy - is it just me or do I find it odd that you managed to find the correct section to advertise your land for sale - after only 2 posts - and the spelling does not have one bit of dislexia in sight.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
use of this forum
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 16:47:37 PM »
Do I detect a sudden coming together of people keen to upset the well established format of CBF? Surely not, that hasn't happened before :D

Funny that within 2 posts you didn't notice that one you posted in was called "Bar & Restaurant Reviews" and not "Bar and Restaurant Information". That said, within the same two posts you were suddenly aware of my 'real' name. Well done, a bit of research can work wonders!

To say you drive past a place so often yet still can't even spell it amused me, it is after all 5 letters long.

It was a tongue in cheek comment (the very idea of a Shrine to anything Indian being in Calis is a marvellous thought indeed) and had you not highlighted it with all you dyslexia rubbish and perfectly spelt land for sale advert (sorry, free land for sale advert), would have slipped harmlessly away.

Please feel free to change my ways. I'll not be amused by your mis-spellings, you pay 3% commission for advertising your land.

Or did you want the free advert and to criticise the site owner, all within your first 5 minutes of CBF membership?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
use of this forum
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 16:53:23 PM »
The next village to Ciflik hasn't got an 'a' in it.

Tink

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
use of this forum
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 16:57:10 PM »
That would be Krgi then

Offline tracysarmis

use of this forum
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 16:59:53 PM »
Thanks Tracy

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
use of this forum
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 17:04:46 PM »
No, it makes it villge :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
use of this forum
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 17:05:53 PM »
Pronounced Vill-Geh no doubt

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
use of this forum
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 17:31:21 PM »
:D OMG, what has been happening here, another argument.
     Can you all go in the chatroom and sort it out cos its off its head now, Can,t back you up, cos I can't get in, ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf