Author Topic: Nutters still out there!  (Read 879 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Nutters still out there!
« on: October 28, 2007, 00:18:18 AM »
A supporters view of the game today:

'I was there by the way, from what I saw the Police had it covered.

Anyway, the Wife saw the Millwall fans kicking off in town before the match as they were being herded onto buses to get to ER.

I saw them kick out bus windows from the inside to get out and attack the Leeds fans who were shouting at them. The Police soon sorted that out but it left glass all over Elland Road and Lowfields road.

Inside the ground it was a normal (ish) game until we scored the 4th goal then the Millwal fans seemed to go mad, the hail of half empty plastic drinks bottled flying into the south and was amazing.

The police did pile in but that was like a red rag to a bull (or 2-300 bulls) a number of Police helmets spent the next ten minutes being bounced around like volley-balls in the away fans end.

A few Leeds fans seemed to get dragged out at around this time, I assume for lobbing bottles back or saying things they shouldn't have.

Outside the ground on the way home, they was a MASSIVE police presence around the away fans entrance. Walking up the hill (Wesley street) there was about 20 or so yobs trying to get closer to the ground to cause bother no doubt, the police weren't letting them get close, half a dozen very nasty looking German Sheppard's and 3 horses (at least) saw to that, these a**holes had clearly NOT been to the game though.

Yes it was unpleasant, but it hardly a riot.
But whatever happened after that I don't know, maybe it got worse, considering the amount of police, probably not.

Forget about it to be honest, there were a load of police TV camera crews there filming all the time and they are very experienced at dealing with these idiots now, more banning orders coming up for some Millwall fans and some idiots from Leeds. (Though pretty much no Leeds fan who was in the game)'
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:07:34 AM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf