Author Topic: Complex Insurance  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Complex Insurance
« on: February 11, 2008, 23:03:59 PM »
Can anyone advise me if there is such thing as an insurance for 'complexes' - similar to a dask insurance (plus top up policy) which the builder/maintenance provider should pay to cover the communal areas of the complex.  
What has raised the question is that someone on our complex has asked - in the case of an earthquake - will we be covered for the pool, Turkish Bath, Sauna, Gym, Massage Rooms, Laundry and restaurant and all the other communal buildings we have there.  We all have our own properties insured for the unmentionable - obviously our Dask insurances - which as we all know is compulsory - and the top up insurance to make sure we have enough for a re-build our homes there should we have a 'good tremor'!  
We have been advised by our builder / maintenance supplier that they have no insurance on the complex at all - other than the machines.... quote "As far as i know there isn't any kind of insurance in Turkey for the communal areas of a complex. Only the machines can be insured."
How would we go if we do have this problem - to rebuild the place now to it's current state.
Any advice ??????

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf