Author Topic: Big MOVE?  (Read 4881 times)

Offline cyril clarke

Big MOVE?
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 16:19:40 PM »
My wife, Gael and I are moving to Calis next week for good!
Hurrah
Hope we can meet up and swap info
Cyril

Offline don123

Big MOVE?
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 12:56:51 PM »
hi sammy,
thanks for your reply any more info you find out would be great. if you could let me know :)
many thanks,
don123

Offline treacle

Big MOVE?
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 20:25:31 PM »
can anyone give me and my man any info on getting a work permit we have house in altinkum and want to live there permantly, we are two young to retire and want to work partime are there any options open to us as we have heard its hard to get the much wanted permits

Offline treacle

Big MOVE?
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 20:57:10 PM »
hi all sorry i didnt introduce my self im suz and my hubby frankie just found this site and erm its good what can i say,we new to calis beach forum i know we not near u all we in altinkum we really wana move over and start again we need lots of advice on how to do it we would appreciate all coments good or bad cheers suz

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Big MOVE?
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 23:38:37 PM »

As far as I know it's pretty hard going to get a work permit.  If you use the search facility at the top right hand corner of the page you should find all posts regarding this matter.
Happy searching
Anne

Offline jill

Big MOVE?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 08:09:18 AM »
About work permits - It is very VERY difficuly to get a work permit. There are two ways you can do it:
If you will be working for someone else (or can get someone Turkish to apply for you) you need to get copies of all relevant certificates and your passport, have them certified as true copies by your solicitor (any high street solicitor will do this for around £5 per cert), then send them to the FCO at Old Admiralty Buildings in London for legalisation.  That costs around £13 per piece of paper plus p&p - It takes AT LEAST two weeks.  You then forward all of that to the person applying for the work permit, and at the same time apply to the Turkish Embassy for a visa. Eventually (It took me 6 months) if they agree, you turn up in person in Lodnon to collect and pay for the visa, while your employer in Turkey gets the work permit.  He then has a duty to make NI contributions here (reciprocal agreement with UK) and to get your health insurance etc etc.  It is very long winded, and it costs the employer around $750. Your employer has to prove that you will be doing a job no Turkish person can do (which unless it's something relevant to a native-English speaker if very hard).
The other way to do it is if you set up your own company here.  This costs around £600, and as a ltd company there are fixed rates to pay your accountant (250YTL month) regardless of whether you have any invoices or not, plus you have to pay your insurance (150YTL month for basic one).  You can register a business in a rented place or use your home address.  It takes around2-3 weeks to do this.  You can then apply for a work permit to work in your own company.  It costs the same as above, but you have a 90% of being granted one as it's your own company - otherwise you are entitled to own a company but not to work in it!!!  If you don't have a work permit you have to emply someone and that costs around £500 a month with insurance etc.  The KDV rules are a bit of a minefield too, so you need an accountant who can speak English.  Work permits still take around 4-6 months though and in that time you can't work (officially).
I went through all this just to teach English!
Hope this helps.
Jill

Offline JG2004

Big MOVE?
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 08:32:23 AM »
Hi Jill,
Do you know why it took 6 months?  I'm starting to worry abit now.  I applied for my work permit about two weeks ago, I was told by the man at the embassy to expect it to take around 6 weeks.  I am moving to Turkey in March, however I'm not starting work until September.  It is all very confusing, as at first my employers would not start applying because I didn't start work until September.  I was hoping to get the visa before I move as it could be very expensive to come back to England.
I have now been told that I could have applied for it in Turkey as I will apply for residency after my wedding in May and apparently if you have a residents visa you can apply in Turkey, so now I'm beginning to think I've made a huge mistake applying in London!
Sorry to waffle on,
Vickiexx

Offline treacle

Big MOVE?
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 20:04:02 PM »
cheers for that very helpful we knew it would be a minefield, can anyone explain why we see english people working in bars etc etc are they working legit or pay under the table its very confusing mind u i like the idea of setting up my own company as i have a few ideas,once again thanks ill look at the post above cheers for now

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf