Author Topic: 60s & 70s Doggy Do  (Read 6792 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2009, 21:19:38 PM »
Looking forward to meeting you Mr Tibbs:D

Offline Silverfox

60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »
I enjoyed last Saturday night as did two of my friends I took along. I took some pictures of the evening but haven't seen them in their full glory yet. When I do I'll pass them on. Shame I didn't get a chance to put faces to names!(my fault)  Many thanks to Derek and Karen for their hard work in organising the night. 500 Lira (ish) is a tidy sum to raise

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 09:59:57 AM »
if you forward your pics to me Steve, Ill be glad to post them for you unless of course Im in them :-\

Glad you had a good time ;)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »
well done again to all the organisers, looks a fab night.  The Pookies were totally cheesed off that we couldn't be there - flew back to UK that morning :(   Please please please have a Christmas  do - I'll have to dust off Mr Pookie's santa outfit  ;):D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 11:10:12 AM »
We will, just for you:D

Offline Pi55y

60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 12:03:03 PM »
Tinx, can I please kindly suggest that because of the number of discos and other fundraising events that you are planning in the next few months, that the dogs home supporters and the Calis Carnival Committee liase with each other to ensure that there is no clash of events and dates as this would be a real shame and not be beneficial for either charity.  Both are really well deserving causes and both deserve to be well supported.

Thanks

Chrissie  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2009, 14:04:12 PM »
No problem at all Chrissie, Children come first and we will gladly work around your schedule ;)

Andy

Offline Pi55y

60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2009, 16:35:45 PM »
Thanks Tinx, it would be such a shame if there was a clash of events and people had to divide their loyalties.  Also it makes for a much better social calendar to while away the winter evenings:D

With regards to your comment about children coming first, Pete and I are animal lovers but today we have been to deliver some donated children's clothes to some families living in the dry river bed at the back of Gunlukbasi.  These families live in make shift huts of breeze block and plastic sheeting and it really opened our eyes. The ragtag kids were a delight, the older ones really polite and respectful, the younger ones grubby and beguiling as they played in a muddy puddle - no toys. You don't have to go the the villages to find real poverty, it is not far fom our doorsteps and the argument over a 1/2 lira on Efes became totally insignificant.  We stayed for an hour drinking tea with the families and they were so grateful for the little we gave. It made us feel so guilty that we had so much and they had so little and it nearly brought us to tears. We will post some pictures later.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2009, 17:08:28 PM »
We often cycle along there and have met some of the kids and their parents, they are lovely people inviting us to join them in their picnics:D.
We had a bag of apples for the horses, donkeys and goats, I think the kids had most of them:D

It does put things into perspective when you meet these people, very humbling.

Well done you ;)

Offline Rustythecat

60s & 70s Doggy Do
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 14:42:20 PM »
Hi all

One note for the diary.

The event at Mahmut Bey restaurant planned for the 19th Sept has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.  This was the owners decision and had nothing to do with me or Karen.  

It has been re-scheduled for mid October.

Next event is 10th October at Anna Bar and yes Pookie we will be doing a Christmas special, so get yr glad rags out.

Cheers Rusty

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf