Author Topic: living with your dog in Turkey  (Read 8533 times)

Offline lorna young

living with your dog in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 20:02:25 PM »
Hi Gina,
Thanks for the info I will look into that tomorrow I dont know why the company we are using say that she cant go direct to Dalaman. Will let you know how I get on.
Thanks Lorna

Offline Orange

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 09:22:39 AM »
Lorna - try Lady Haye if thats not who you are using - they were very helpful before and flew into Dalaman - although you do need to be on the same flight.

Offline lorna young

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 17:36:01 PM »
Orange
Thanks for the advice, I have since found out that it is because we are in Scotland Bonnie has to go to Heathrow, how much easier it would have been if we lived in England. Looks like she will have to endure 3 flights and then we will have to go and pick her up at Izmir

Offline Orange

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 08:54:13 AM »
Lorna
Hope it goes ok and I am sure as your vet has said she will be ok - good luck.

Offline lorna young

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 11:47:56 AM »
Thanks Orange,
Iwill let everyone know how she gets on she will certainly be well travelled, my son has renamed her 'the flying dog'.
Lorna

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2004, 15:42:13 PM »
The main problem is that there are few if any flights from Heathrow direct to Dalaman. Most of the flights to Turkey are scheduled to Istanbul and therefore very expensive.

Our 2 Springer Spaniels flew out with us on a MyTravel flight from Bristol to Dalaman in August.As we entered the baggage hall the dogs were having aterrific time going round the carousel in their travelling boxes. Their boarding and paperwork, including legalisation, was all taken care of by Overhill Kennels of Bristol.They also supplied their travelling boxes. If you use any of the kennels in the London catchment area you'll pay a high premium. Overhill have got a website that is well worth checking out. You must travel on the same flight as the dog, otherwise an import licence is required.

They're loving it here in Turkey. Although you'll find that not as many Turks are as keen on dogs as the English are. In fact quite a few Turks that we've met have been very afraid of them until they've got to know them. ( We actually managed to clear the water of Turks at Gemiler when we took the dogs for a swim ).

Contact me if you need info regarding airport transfer from Dalaman, because there are very few taxi companies that are prepared to carry animals. We may also be able to help regarding the dog sitting / kenneling in the Fethiye area.

Offline lorna young

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2004, 21:29:35 PM »
I am really glad to know that your dogs are happy in Turkey they must cope with the heat and everything ok I sometimes think i am being selfish taking the dog but you have put my mind at rest. Hopefully we will be alright getting dog from the Airport have a Turkish friend who says he will pick her up

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 07:23:15 AM »
I'm sure everything will be OK. The dog will soon adapt to the heat, just as you will.

Offline xanadu

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004, 13:54:22 PM »
How do you think my two survive as Siberian Huskies.
They spend the summer in airconditioned luxury and go to the beach at the end of th day.
You will find your dogs love the water even if they didnt before.
And you are right about clearing the beach. We took our dogs to a beach near here and you would have thought that we had released two rabid Dobermans. The Turks scatterred and screamed while my fluffy bundles frolicked in the waves.
Advice!!! Take them to the beach after 6pm in the summer   lol

Offline lorna young

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 15:00:30 PM »
my dog already loves the water we live by the sea so she swims most of the summer months. Do you get your Huskies clipped at all? I thought I would get Bonnie clipped pretty short to cope with the heat.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf