Author Topic: living with your dog in Turkey  (Read 8536 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
living with your dog in Turkey
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 17:05:26 PM »
Our Springers have got thick coats but they are OK in the heat. We make sure that they have somewhere in the shade to sleep if they want and they have access to drinking water all of the time.

Offline xanadu

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2004, 15:07:10 PM »
You can't clip a Huskie as there are two layers or fur and the bottom layer totally covers the skin......very difficult adn one is pure white so his skin has to be covered at tall times.
Ho Hum...spoilt.
Funnily enough one of them is malting now.......very strange in the winter.

Offline busybee

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 23:10:30 PM »
We are making the first steps to move to Calis-we have put our house up for sale.  We shall definately be bringing Honey our 3yr old yellow labrador with us.  Reading all the comments has certainly put our mind at rest.  I would definately be interested in the dog sitting circle.  What a great idea and the dogs would love it and it would save us money.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 07:45:31 AM »
Now that we've got ourselves settled here we've decided that we are able to offer a dog sitting service commencing in March 2005. But for FEMALE DOGS ONLY. We've got 3 females of our own and really don't want any accidental additions to the pack.

We live on 3.5 acres of land in Kaya Koyu ( The Ghost Village )and we could offer either a secure compound where the "guest" can be accomodated or living inhouse with the family pets. It will depend on how they get along together. As with UK kennels, we would have to insist that vaccinations are upto date and documented, and that the dogs are ID chipped.

We can also offer a dog-walking service for owners who are incapacitated and a collection service from Dalaman Airport.

Offline lorna young

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
What great news as I would think we will have to go back to UK from time to time I would definately be interested in using your service. I wanted to say thanks for recomending Overhill, they are going to fly dog direct from Bristol to Dalaman and are even going to collect her from Glasgow and take her down to Bristol. This is a huge load off my mind as one flight must be easier on her than having to endure 3.
Hope to meet you in May Cheers Lorna

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 15:27:16 PM »
Lorna,

That's great news about Overhill! I'm glad that they are helping you. I'm sure you won't regret it.

We'll look forward to seeing you in May. If you need any further help get in touch.

Offline amanda

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2005, 17:26:03 PM »
hi
  wounder if you can help us, we have 2 parrots an african grey and a cockatoo, we would love to bring them with us when we come to  live in turkey, will i be able to ? has anyone done this?. and how ?
great to here so many nice stories about your dogs. good for you

amanda mark

Offline xanadu

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2005, 17:57:01 PM »
Not sure about Parrotts.........ask the embassy, sorry.
But KKOB.......do you take male dogs who have been "chopped" and show no interst in females whatsover?

Offline amanda

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2005, 18:40:42 PM »
thanks for that will do
           cant leave them behind like leavein one of my kids behind.
amanda

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2005, 19:57:44 PM »
Xanadu,

Yes, boy dogs are now OK. We've had the 3 girls "snipped", just to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 19:58:43 PM by KKOB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf