Author Topic: solar heating for swimmimg pools  (Read 1415 times)

Offline nicola ann

solar heating for swimmimg pools
« on: August 06, 2010, 13:07:43 PM »
hi was just wondering if anyone has got solar heating for their swimming pool and if so where did you buy it from.myself and my husband have been out here for 3 weeks we go home on monday and we have enjoyed the warm pool so much we would like the pool to be warmer when we come out in may and sept times.any help would be much appreciated thanks

Offline milliemars

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 14:35:01 PM »
You could try a company called Alarko which is in Tasaka they do all that is need in solar i beleive.

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 15:05:22 PM »
I did some preliminary research 3 years ago into this to see if we could get our pool warmer in the spring and autumn.  It seems, as a rule of thumb, that you need the same square meter's of solar panels as you do the square meter of the surface of your pool, plus the associated pipework bracketing etc.  This was to keep the pool at around 24 degrees c.  When I did the costings of this and all the work required we decided against it.  Obviously there is more to it than this; depth of pool, length of pipework, hours of sunlight in the spring/autumn etc etc.  If you could get actual costs I am sure many people would be interested.

Offline Alan Keating

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 20:26:02 PM »
There are a number of ways to do this, all with many combinations and differring equipment requirements. Plus as Eric has said, there are many varibles in relation to the site etc., all have a different costs.
There is no simple answer other than getting a company (try 3 atleast) to give you a quote.
I do not know of any company in the Fethiye area that has done this, I suspect it will require contacting a national company/agent. Some international companies use Turkish agents; all meaning that you will have to do some homework.
If you or I find out more, we could post it here. 8)

Offline nicola ann

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 07:54:38 AM »
hi thanks very much for all of your replies.when i come out next time hopefully in sept i will try and get some quotes and anything i find out i will post on here.once again many thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf