Author Topic: diamond hotel-  (Read 5989 times)

Offline BM06

diamond hotel-
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 22:08:57 PM »
I reckon this complex,is suffering from an inferiority complex:D:D

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
diamond hotel-
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 22:18:02 PM »
it'll suffer from no guests if they're made to feel so unwelcome
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:23:32 AM by Anne »

Offline sunlover

diamond hotel-
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 09:05:34 AM »
Hi Siemli,

Sounds as though your sister-in-law and all her family and guests were treated with NO respect by this bald man at the complex, it sounds as though you are a very reasonable person and i am sure as paying guests your sister in law was...

It,such a shame that when people come to Calis or anyone who hires apartments like this are treated by these people that think they own the complex and ruin holidays for other people, it sounds as though there are rules for him and rules for others by leaving the BBQ a-light near the pool where kids were, i would have been the first to say something to him had it been my grandchildren there.

We will certainly NOT be looking at booking on this complex when we are over in Calis, a shame as it looked a nice little friendly complex when we have looked at it, but the other owners need to realise whats happening and the bookings they may be loosing because of the BALD MAN :o

Offline Mattsta

diamond hotel-
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 20:19:08 PM »
Hi,

Oh dear.

I am slightly apprehensive about adding a comment having not been there or been involved in the rental. Where there is smoke there is fire and really hope not to fuel it with the wrong wording. As owners and also someone mentioned it today which is how we came to find this post, thought had to comment. Any negative feedback is a worrying read, so will try and cover only what I know and give a bit of background and hope it helps.

In short Diamond should always be friendly and welcoming to all owners/renters.

Background
Diamond complex is not a hotel it is made of several apartments and one villa set in beautiful landscaped gardens with a good sized shared pool. Not all owners rent their places out through the season but majority do.  We were one of the first to buy (off plan) 3 bedroom apartment and are proud to have been instrumental on its success and take great pride in the place. We also act as rental agent for the area and run a holiday rentals company.

The complex is run by Diamond Owners Association (DOA) and a committee of elected volunteers of which we are acting Secretary.

In order to maintain the Complex to such a high standard it really does takes a lot of work (100's of hours) which go on behind the scenes. This is so that renters and owners get to fully enjoy their break and stay there. To help with the running a committee was established with of a good mix of personalities. Turkey is not the easiest place to run a successful complex and at times challenging.

Diamond is one the most respected complex's in Calis for how it is run, garden's/grounds and pool and it also used as a showpiece complex. I can confidently say we know of no other complex in Calis that is consistently as good. So to be overshadowed by any unfriendly encounters is saddening.  

Pool
This year we have had issue with the pool. In short, the well that provided the water superbly and problem free for the last five years! The well stopped drawing such clean water. Typically, this happened in the heat of peak season and also caused problems with the filtering system. We had to be extra careful about hygiene (ear infections) and also where possible keep any additional stress on the filter system to a minimum until a resolution was found.

It is politely/humorously requested that people shower before swimming (sun cream sun cream can clog up the filter) but it's not always done, usually this is not such a problem but due to the pool problems in August we needed to remind people.

Our understanding as a temporary measure leaflets (not letters) were distributed to all the people that were currently staying as polite request reminder to shower before swimming.  
To put this in perspective in five years of running the rentals only for 2 weeks has there been an issue with the pool and we all acted as quickly as possible and a resolution was found. Usually the pool is sublime. These things do happen and for us it's how they are dealt with.

Chairperson
The current chair ‘Jerry', a friend of ours, we have always found him to be friendly, approachable and considerate. A passionate owner, who devotes much of his free time to help towards the running of Diamond. A tremendous guy.

Jerry had actually just cycled from John O'Groats to Lands End with his 15 year old son to raise money for charity (financed by himself - http://jjbikeride.blogspot.com). He had two weeks ‘holiday' immediately afterwards with his family in Diamond.  Upon arriving was confronted with a number of issues at Diamond, one being the pool, which was a pressurised position as we were nearly in the situation of having to close the pool for a few weeks in peak season. Imagine that scenario in the Calis summer heat. Lots of very unhappy people.

Jerry was kindly communicating with us regularly and also conducting several meetings, often twice a day, with the necessary contractors. This is just on the pool issue and this was during his holiday.

We actually had two separate rental guests who, upon their return staying at Diamond in August 2010, feedback how helpful and friendly Jerry was and to pass on thanks.

Rules Sign
We have all gone to great lengths to look for the right feel at the complex and to keep rules, terms and conditions to a minimum we think we have nearly got it perfect but always look to improve.

We felt so strongly about this we actually commissioned, designed and carefully worded a sign accordingly to portray a friendly feel instead of a council style impression of do's and don'ts. This is the last thing you want when you are on holiday. Here is a copy of the sign - [http://www.apartfromtherest.co.uk/docs/Diamond-Pool-Signage%28L%29.pdf

Sadly some rules are needed, the majority of people are fine but not everyone has common sense, or respect for others. They are there for the safety and help towards ensuring everyone has a good time staying on Diamond.

Visitors to Diamond
This is a tricky one, as usually its fine but in peak season when the complex has nearly full occupancy even with a decent size pool it could be in danger of becoming over crowded.
It was a concern this August, as there was a distressing issue with the pool and reports that one guest abused this additional 14 people I think, possibly this was combined with another guest though. This put more demand on the pool, the owners and guests, where their holiday experience could potentially be jeopardised. Thankfully not though.

As long as people are conscientious there should not be a problem.

Feedback
Feedback is a funny thing as there are two sides to every story, you can get 100's of positive feedback but it only takes one negative comment to make an equal impression.

We have accommodated hundreds of people on the complex over the last five years and proudly average 9/10 on guest's feedback. It is such a shame read negative feedback but all feedback is important and we shall see if can improve this somehow. Here is a recent review also on Calis beach forum who was staying there at the same time - http://{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}37086&whichpage=1

We actually had two separate guests who when they returned in August whilst Jerry was there praising him for his helpfulness. Example -

"Hi Russ and Matt

Sorry for delay, still getting over how great it was! Many thanks for the lovely apartment and please pass on my thanks to Jerry, another owner. A wonderful place to stay, the apartment was fantastic, all the mod cons you need for self catering. "

Andy & Elaine

PM if you would like the email address for testimonial

More recent feedback at Diamond can also be found here www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p710229

Reading through the lines when you visited your friends renting at Diamond you have rubbed one another up the wrong way, as I do recall him saying that he found one visitor not to be very ‘forthcoming'. Perhaps he was having an off day, we all have them and he had a lot on; personally I think asking you to put Efes in a cup when you are not around the pool is certainly over the top. But I was not there so can't comment. Being told rudely not to use sun beds 2009 is not on and I will approach the person who may have done this. JennyJo I don't know who you booked with but would like to make right your experience at Diamond, certainly sounds like at very least someone owes you a drink.

We want everyone renting staying at Diamond to have the best time. A lot of hard work goes in to this and we are upset upon hearing anything but perfect. Also reading negative derogatory comments towards our friends who input a lot of time and effort, often thankless, to make Diamond what it is, brilliant.

It's not easy running a complex it has many "complex"ities (see what I did there) we are not perfect but try hard to be.

Any renters/owners please do contact us if anyone is anything but friendly and welcoming and we will investigate straight away 24/7. Or ways to further improve.

Thankfully and a bit of a relief we have had a fantastic response/feedback from guests at Diamond and a few have already booked for next year. So take some reassurance that these are isolated cases and Diamond is actually usually very friendly.

I hope this has been helpful and as I say feel free to contact us direct and I will happily call you to discuss.  8)

All the very best

Matt

Secretary owner/agent at Diamond Complex
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 20:33:58 PM by Mattsta »

Offline june

diamond hotel-
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 22:06:43 PM »
Hi Matt,
I think your reply was very comprehensive and detailed but if I am being honest...if I invited people to our apartment on our complex and similarly people we had allowed to rent had the reception that these people got when they asked guests to join them I would be hopping mad........its not as though these people just gate crashed they were invited and lets face it...using sunbeds that belong to other apartments....when they are not there....its not a cardinal sin is it...sunbeds are left out and probably only used for a few weeks a year..give them a break.

It does sound like Mr Chair was being awkward....to me....and frankly there is just no need for it..

Offline Mattsta

diamond hotel-
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 23:20:09 PM »
Hi June,

Thanks for your comments and appreciation of my comprehensive reply. It took me long enough.  :)

Sunbeds - Agree, no one should be rude. I gather this happened in 2009 so am treating it as separate this certainly was not the chair. Also as mentioned would like to be given the opportunity to make right, even though I don't think it was one of our guests as this is news to us.

I can't really comment too much on the conversation between the visitors and chair. Two guests have praised the chair so much so to mention it on their feedback upon returning from holiday, of course sorry that anyone feels aggrieved. As I was not there and don't know the guest or profile of the visitors. I can only report on other feedback that we received and my personal experiences and background 'if' anyone was being as you say awkward.

We gather feedback on every guest that we accommodate and have had no comments actually to date of anyone being unfriendly, actually quite the contrary.  

Currently I'm comfortable by all the positive feedback about Diamond that this was a one off or miscommunication/misunderstanding. However such a post we take very seriously hence my reply and will raise it at the AGM.

I hope this is satisfactory.

All the very best

Matt

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 23:30:30 PM by Mattsta »

Offline jrichards1

diamond hotel-
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »
What a lovely well run complex Diamond Apartments sound.

The owner on site does sound a little over the top, but once Matt explained, its understandable. The didn't want repeat problems.  Distributing humorous flyers (not a letter) seems a good way to have explained the situation and possibly give an insight into the cautious behaviour.

We have previously encountered problems on sites not so organised.

One holiday the pool was closed when we arrived because guests had smashed a bottle in it. Opps sorry was not good enough. It was reopened for the last 2 days of our holiday after being closed for 3 weeks. I am suprised anyone needs telling not to take breakables around the pool.
However, if I was quitely sitting on the balcony drinking out of grown up glasses, I may have felt inclined to politely thank him for his advice, but mind his own business.

I would also expect to be provided with good quality plastic glasses, yes, it doesn't taste the same out of cups.

We have also had to wrestle our sunbeds (clearly labeled as belonging to our apartment) off of 'visitors', who became very agressive. Some people think once they are on holiday anything goes. "I'm on holiday, Ive paid for this so I will do as I please" mentality, ignoring the fact other guest have also paid for theirs.

Who needs that on holiday????

Diamond is a private complex with private rules that inluded health and safety, commonsense and consideration to other guests and owners.

They would suit us fine.

Offline willia37

diamond hotel-
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 13:36:09 PM »
Matt - your response was fantastic and I'm glad you posted it.  

I've stayed at Diamond Apartments for 2 years running and am returning again in a few weeks.  I've never had any issues with this complex, quite the opposite actually.  The gardens, grounds and pool have been immaculate, the resident gardener so hard working and friendly..even helping us out when the coach for our tour hadn't turned up.

I always showered before getting in the pool, never kept any glass around the pool side (it's crazy if the taste of beer comes before the safety of others!).  Is it really so hard to just follow a few simple rules to make everyones holiday a little nicer?

The reason I return to Calis over and over again is partly due to how relaxing and enjoyable Diamond Apartments are.  Can't wait to get back there!

Offline lulus

diamond hotel-
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 21:45:56 PM »
I was just about to book the villa at Diamond & was starting to wonder whether I should? Can someone let me know the location as the websites I've looked on say 2 different places!
Thanks in advance.

Offline june

diamond hotel-
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 07:19:02 AM »
Location could not be better, it's about 8 minute stroll to the beach where the majority of the bars and restaurants are, lots on the way also and 2 mins from aqua park and plenty of supermarkets close by.....hope this helps.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf