Author Topic: electric bills  (Read 1376 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
electric bills
« on: March 01, 2011, 13:08:12 PM »
When we moved to our new house we were on the old 3 tariff system, we left it for a few weeks to see if it was worth it, putting the washer on at night sitting with a blanket on from 5pm till 10pm or visiting friends on the single tarrif, then putting the emersion on for 2 hours to have a bath at midnight.
We went to the Aydem office there is a lad speaks English and he explained our bills

we used 129 day units 144 peak and 175 through the night the bill was 118tl he worked our bill out under the single tarrif system it was 121 tl so we sat in the cold visited friends who were sick of seeing us, waited to bath at night and go up at daft o-clock to put an extra load of washing in to save 4.5tl in a month.(1 Efes)

The standard rate for us is 0.1476 (was 0.178 gone down a little)
the rate including all the taxes and charges equates to 0.272395 per unit. So now it is easy to know how much our bill is.
The tariff was changed straight away, we still have  3 readings on our meter but now all charged at the same rate, as they were at the other house.
He did tell us this is the standard domestic rate for Fethiye, but we know people on complexes paying much more, or still on builders rates.
Mark

Offline col

electric bills
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 14:20:22 PM »

I agree on that. When I had to have a new meter fitted, when the old one burnt out, I have since been on the one tariff. Have to say, compared to the three tariff, I have noticed very little difference and saves having to think IF you want to use the washing machine, immersion, electric cooking etc at different times of the day.

quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

When we moved to our new house we were on the old 3 tariff system, we left it for a few weeks to see if it was worth it, putting the washer on at night sitting with a blanket on from 5pm till 10pm or visiting friends on the single tarrif, then putting the emersion on for 2 hours to have a bath at midnight.
We went to the Aydem office there is a lad speaks English and he explained our bills

we used 129 day units 144 peak and 175 through the night the bill was 118tl he worked our bill out under the single tarrif system it was 121 tl so we sat in the cold visited friends who were sick of seeing us, waited to bath at night and go up at daft o-clock to put an extra load of washing in to save 4.5tl in a month.(1 Efes)

The standard rate for us is 0.1476 (was 0.178 gone down a little)
the rate including all the taxes and charges equates to 0.272395 per unit. So now it is easy to know how much our bill is.
The tariff was changed straight away, we still have  3 readings on our meter but now all charged at the same rate, as they were at the other house.
He did tell us this is the standard domestic rate for Fethiye, but we know people on complexes paying much more, or still on builders rates.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf