Author Topic: 'Genuinely' some general questions!  (Read 3722 times)

Offline JulieDiane

'Genuinely' some general questions!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 21:09:26 PM »
Hiya, i think you'll be surprised on your next visit by the changes  :) We have 3 children, but the last time we stayed as a family in Calis we had an apartment at the Oykun hotel, its a lovely hotel, although if i remember, the apartment never had a balcony unlike the hotel rooms, its brilliantly placed location wise. Whatever you do, i hope you have a great time  :)

Kind Regards
Julie

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 22:28:54 PM »
The only Sea Breeze I know of is in Ovacik. Very good and comfortable place to stay within easy walking distance of Hisaronu & Ovacik but not in Calis Beach, about 10 miles away.

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 22:32:40 PM »
also try owners direct..they have a selection of appts.villas etc.good luck. :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 22:33:08 PM »
There's a Sea Breeze down at the far end of the prom as I recall - towards the Mimosa one lira a p*** beach jobby.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 23:57:28 PM »
We were going there then, and still are, if you try and find something near to where you stayed last time, you will find it easy to settle in,just get my bearings from the bridge and take it from there, that bit has'nt changed too much, but you will see a big difference in the surrounding areas, yet, still be able to identify with 20 years ago.good luck.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 00:50:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by jdrussell

Hiya, i think you'll be surprised on your next visit by the changes  :) We have 3 children, but the last time we stayed as a family in Calis we had an apartment at the Oykun hotel, its a lovely hotel, although if i remember, the apartment never had a balcony unlike the hotel rooms, its brilliantly placed location wise. Whatever you do, i hope you have a great time  :)

Kind Regards
Julie

Somebody please tell me where does this terminology come from[?] Is it Scouse or is it Brummie. I had some relatives in the potteries who would always say " I never" rather than "I didn't". I'm not trying to insult anybody, I'm just interested 8)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 12:47:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

There's a Sea Breeze down at the far end of the prom as I recall - towards the Mimosa one lira a p*** beach jobby.

I stand corrected :-\although in my defence I am an Ovacikite not a Calisite  ;)

Offline margob

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 15:17:45 PM »
What are we called if we are from Deliktas .No insults please .

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 18:33:18 PM »
it's used alot here in Scotland too Ken

quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

quote:
Originally posted by jdrussell

Kind Regards
Julie

Somebody please tell me where does this terminology come from[?] Is it Scouse or is it Brummie. I had some relatives in the potteries who would always say " I never" rather than "I didn't". I'm not trying to insult anybody, I'm just interested 8)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 11:28:18 AM »
Hi Phil.  

Like you we hadn't been back to the area for around 20 years until 6 years ago.  A freind told me that they'd bought a villa on a complex in Calis.  We rented it (without researching) and found that it was in the Telmessos complex in Koco Calis - miles away (or so it seemed) from Calis itself. Location is so important when you have children and ours were, at that time 19 and 15 so it was challanging at the time - transport especially challanged us. I would think an apartment would suit you but in Calis itself.  There's a map on this site somewhere.  You need to search for it.  You can then zoom in and find the exact location of the various apartments and hotels.  Good luck, have a great holiday.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf