Author Topic: Passport photos  (Read 1482 times)

Offline janmack

Passport photos
« on: January 25, 2012, 07:59:55 AM »
Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Phil has to get his passport renewed soon and would like to know if anyone can recommend the best place to go to get his photos taken.

Many thanks.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Passport photos
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:02:48 AM »
There are lots of photoshops in the area that do these, closest one to you in in Gunlukbasi on the right hand side heading toward fethiye

Offline janmack

Passport photos
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:27:49 AM »
Thanks Andy we are aware of that.  

It's just that when I had my passport renewed via the Consulate 4 years ago I had to keep go back to get the photos re-done about 3 times as size/background was wrong.  

It wasn't too much hassle as the photoshops and consulate were all within walking distance of eachother so it only took a couple of hours to get everything right.  

Phil's concern is that as he has to send the documentation off to Frankfurt and if the photos are not deemed acceptable it'll take ages to get his passport sorted.  This is why he's asking if anyone knows a photoshop that will take the correct type of photos.

Many thanks.

Offline Sus

Passport photos
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »
Have a look on the UK passport website you can  print out a copy of a photo with what size colour etc you need for your passport and take it along with you to the photo shop.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Passport photos
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 09:15:24 AM »
Also, if he normally wears glasses, these must be taken off for the photographs nowadays, despite what the Home Office guidance booklet says  8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:15:51 AM by Liz 101 »

Offline janmack

Passport photos
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

He doesn't wear glasses so that's not a problem.

I seem to recall doing what Sus advises when I had mine done but the consulate still kept saying they were wrong!  This is why we wondered if there was any shop where you can rely on them to do it properly 1st time.

Oh well, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed the photos are accepted ;)

Offline martinp2502

Passport photos
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 16:13:58 PM »
Jan look on here.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Applicationinformation/DG_174152

After the bullet point text is a pdf link.

Download 'Passport photos' (PDF, 693K)

Offline janmack

Passport photos
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 05:55:37 AM »
We've done that Martin.  

Our concern is that following my experience with consulate, Phil's photos will be rejected and he'll have to re-send to Frankfurt causing delays, hence the request for advice on reliable photoshop.  

We're probably worrying over nothing but, as you know, our flights are booked for April and the way our luck is running at the moment we can foresee problems ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf