Author Topic: Whose fault ıs ıt?  (Read 22973 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Whose fault ıs ıt?
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 15:19:30 PM »
If a solicitor made the same mistake over here he would be liable and could be sued I think.

Offline quackers

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 15:34:12 PM »
And to sue a Solıcıtor over here costs a lot and you stıll may get nothıng because ıf they rent theır offıce ,rent theır home and dont have a car or a bank account you are on a hıdıng to nowhere. Cennets dont work eıther. I have been down that route wıth a frıend as well. Its a case of buyer and seller beware.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 19:07:13 PM »
Estate Agents most certainly do have qualifications;

The National Federation of Property Professionals (NFoPP) Awarding Body offers a range of regulated, respected and well established estate agent qualifications suitable for everyone, regardless of prior experience.

Sale of Residential Property
Sale of Residential Property - Scotland
These qualifications are offered by the NFoPP Awarding Body and are developed in consultation with NAEA and therefore meet the qualification requirements necessary for NAEA membership.  Upon completion of the whole qualifications, the Level 3 qualifications will meet the qualification eligibility criteria for Member Grade and the Level 4 qualification will meet the qualification eligibility criteria for Fellow Member Grade.

Home study training manuals are offered by MOL, making these qualifications perfect for flexible learning that can fit around a busy working day.

Please visit the NFoPP Awarding Body Qualifications pages for further details.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 20:33:26 PM »
Oh sod it!! who woke him up? 

Offline quackers

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 05:37:27 AM »
What are you on about Gordon we are lıvıng ın Turkey property ın Turkey not UK.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
My frıends are ın the process of sellıng theır semı detatched vılla to a turkısh famıly vıa the Emlak they bought through. They have just found out that the property ıs regıstered as beıng the property next door and vısa versa. The Emlak ınformed them that they wıll have to pay all the fees for the transfer of the vıllas to the correct owners  ıf they wanted to sell. It has cost them 900 GBP.
I wonder who ıs really at fault Emlak ,Solıcııtor ,Buılder or the  owner of the other semı detached vılla. I thınk all four. Buılder regısters the buıld, Emlak should make sure all documents are correct before they start to sell, Solıcıtor who should have checked all paperwork for them before they sıgned and paıd and the Turkısh neıghbour should have made sure hıs documents were correct when he bought.
I thınk ın thıs case the Emlak and Solıcııtor (same one as when they bought) should lower theır fees to reflect theır mıstakes. Fat chance of that happenıng .

Ultimately it's the lawyers fault, they should have doubled checked everything.  The emlak should have checked All the paperwork when they first took the property on!  Were your friends the first buyers of this property?  Have they (lawyer & emlak) checked the 'other' property for any debts against it etc?

Personally, I would be looking for different lawyer & emlak!  It sounds like they are both incompetent, or worse!  How can your friends now trust anything they say or do.....

I, eventually discovered, that exactly the same had happened to the apartment I paid for.  In my case it was premeditated (imo) & debts added to the title far in excess of the property's value.  If I had signed for it I would have had not only the wrong apartment I would have inherited all the debt against it as well :(

Why not suggest to your friends that they ask Cenk to check the true position &, who should be paying.  For a small fee, it would truly put theirs minds at rest & would be a drop in the ocean compared to the stress they must be under.

Name & shame those who are responsible for this cock-up!  There are still too many lawyers & emlaks out there that do not do what they are paid to do & create further problems, which they then expect to be paid for again!!!.........

Emlaks training......... worse than useless as their governing body has no teeth & in my experience no desire to oust the rougues.

I wish your friends well & hope they get it sorted before too much longer.  They are lucky to have you on-board to help them  :)

The costs should have been split between the 2 properties (imo) Why should your friends shoulder all the costs?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 12:26:03 PM »

Why not suggest to your friends that they ask Cenk to check the true position &, who should be paying.  For a small fee, it would truly put theirs minds at rest & would be a drop in the ocean compared to the stress they must be under.

Can I answer on behalf of my good friend Cenk as he is too nice to do so. No fee is going to be worth getting involved in another agent's business for. Cenk will think, but not say, that the time to ask him about tapus was when they were looking to buy a property, and they chose not to.

Thank you.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 14:01:47 PM »
I am a naturally suspicious person, and do not readily trust, so when we purchased and went to sign for the Tapu I asked to see the map, Ozgur our agent asked the manager, the map was produced, they pointed to an outline on the map and I told them it was not that property, eventually the correct one was pinpointed (only 5 mins of debates) and I only then agreed it was that property.

I am bad enough in the UK, but in Turkey I am doubly suspicious, I think that is why I spent 5 years questioning anything and everything.  Gordon may moan at me for being this way, yet it paid off in this instance.

Offline quackers

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 14:22:11 PM »
I wıll name and shame once thıs ıs all sorted and the money ıs ın the bank and my frıends are back ın the UK. Luckıly there are no debts on the property . The buyers were arrangıng a mortgage and the surveyor poınted ıt all out to the Emlak. I would not want to ınvolve any other Emlak ın sortıng out the problems as ıt would not be faır.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 00:22:34 AM »
Totally understand the position quackers, better safe than sorry.......  hope it all goes smoothly now for your friends.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf