Author Topic: A - Z of our latest visit  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A - Z of our latest visit
« on: October 07, 2013, 13:12:04 PM »
A is for authentic – we enjoyed an evening of traditional music and dancing at The Fisherman’s Place in the company of Sukru (Sugars boat) and his friends. Not the most salubrious of locations but very welcoming and attentive staff.

B is for bracelet – two bracelets. One, not an expensive one but a present from a very good friend which will be treasured and one for our granddaughter’s christening.

C is for carousel – carousel 5 at Dalaman to be precise with two orphaned suitcases going round and round aimlessly whilst we were the only people waiting for our cases – at carousel 3. A great pity really as the flight landed 30 minutes ahead of schedule.

D is for dolmus - already with people standing only to be joined by a couple going to the Otogar and carrying three large suitcases and at the next stop by 14 members of a boys’ football team.

E is for exchange rate – maximum of 3.18 for us when we were over.

F is for Fethiye Airport Transfers – another faultless service provision.

G is for goats. Came across two of them wandering around Summer Apartments one day and saw them in the surrounding area on more than one occasion.

H is for half wit. Whose party insisted on unceremoniously taking trays from our line at Dalaman Security when those in their line had run out. This happened twice until I invited the head muppet not to take the one of only two remaining trays in our line on account of the fact I was just about to use it.

I is for ignoring. Which an erstwhile friend of ours insists on doing to us when we meet on the prom. His loss.

J is for Jet 2 – check in at Dalaman was superbly efficient.

K is for kind – kind people who asked if everything was ok with us because I hadn’t posted for a while. Thank you.

L is for lost – the present Mrs H lost a tooth late on in our fortnight.

M is for Maya – a relaxing venue which we enjoy ending up in of an evening.

N is for not. Not to be divulged yet.

O is for Olu Deniz. As always was a pleasure to visit our friend Zeki the jeweller. Have to confess that I didn’t purchase the ring from the window chosen by Brenda and priced at a shade under eleven grand (GBP)

P is for pookie. P could not have been for anything else. My thanks to diverbaz 1 and his good lady for organising a surprise meeting at Shaka. Brenda and I will never ever forget pookie’s (and many others) offer 18 months ago and it was an absolute joy to meet her at last and to thank her personally.

Q is for queue. We were fifth in the queue at our first visit to Mozaic Bahce. Even still, we had a leisurely main course and dessert and a very pleasant, albeit a brief chat with Nichola and were only there for about an hour.

R is for Rachel. Always will be, wherever we are in the world..

S is for scooters. Hate seeing them on the prom. Saw the same guy on numerous occasions going up and down. Why ?.Oh and I did see a couple of those motor scooter thingies – what a pair of posers (mind you one of the riders did have all the right equipment and in all the right places)

T is for time travel. On our return, we were picked up by F.A.T. five minutes earlier than scheduled at 19:50 and stepped into Duty Free at Dalaman at 21:00. We did have a long wait because our letting company had quoted our departure time as 22:88 !!.

U is for understanding. Which part of “do not switch on mobile phones and/or stand up until the aircraft has come to a halt” do some people not understand.

V is for vital. Just how vital is it to immediately send an email or reply to a face book post. I despaired on seeing, on more than one occasion, people eating with one hand and using their phones with the other. The funniest incident was when a group of seven young people from the East arrived at Mozaic carrying more technology than NASA have.

W is for wailing. “What was that wailing I heard very early this morning” asked this guy behind me on the bus on the way to a boat trip”. Incidentally, this fellow talked incessantly from the time we got on the bus to going on the boat trip until the time we got back ashore. I was being to think he was trapped in the wrong body (joke)

X is for kiss. (Yes I know) but I have already used T for thank you so the kiss is for all the CBFV members and other people we met on holiday this year and for all of those who worked so hard to make it so enjoyable.

Y is for yachts. There seem to be more luxury ones in the harbour every year.

Z is for Zumrut and Zeki. Gentlemen both. As a matter of pure fact, each time we changed money, Zumrut always gave 0.01 tl higher than the “official” exchange rate just down the road. A very small difference but a difference all the same.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 15:44:28 PM by Highlander »

Offline Bluwise

Re: A - Z of our latest visit
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 13:21:47 PM »
Oh I enjoyed reading that H ....and so glad to see you back - was getting a bit concerned at your absence.  I did laugh at C and H

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 13:39:06 PM »
I don't normally post on topics like these but H you have a way with words and I always like reading yours   :D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 13:54:03 PM »
Brilliant way to review your holiday, H!

Can't wait to hear about 'N' .....

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 13:59:54 PM »
Good review H.  I heard you where in Calis, glad you enjoyed yourselves.  Have to agree about Sedat at Zumrut, he always gives a better rate than the exchange office and he is a really nice guy. 
Good picture of you and Brenda at the Mozaik Bahce on Facebook..  Nice to have you back. ;D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 14:52:02 PM »
"Good picture of you and Brenda at the Mozaik Bahce on Facebook"

Thanks Jacqui - not that I really needed one, but you have given an excuse for positing nichola's brilliant photograph on here.

(They say that the camera never lies - Brenda is her lovely self despite the missing tooth but it is extremely flattering of me)

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 15:23:06 PM »
Excellent post as ever Highlander!  Laughed at C  ;D and totally 'understand' U!   ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 16:43:02 PM »
Great post H, sorry we missed you.  :D

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 16:46:40 PM »
Very good H !!

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 17:38:47 PM »
Great hol review looking forward to mine even more now ... Countdown is on