Author Topic: Looking for a long term let  (Read 9043 times)

Offline Jim Fraser

Re: Looking for a long term let
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »
Slikmrs - lets hope next winter is not colder or you will need to buy ALF a partner

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
Alf is having one! Waiting for Homeprof sale :-)

Offline Treacle6

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 18:58:14 PM »
The rent would be £100 per week but we would insist on the 6 months rent being paid in advance with £500 deposit which would be refundable if no damages etc. other bills would be 400 lira site fees for the six months. The electric is paid by direct debit from my Turkish account that you would receive a copy of monthly. Electric bills will be approx £30 month if air con heaters are used. There is an open fire but we have never tested it as we ve only been out there in the warmer months. Council tax is approx £12 monthly.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 19:30:05 PM »
By Turkish standards still expensive

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 21:05:10 PM »
Treacle, people can get a rental for 600tl per month approx.  I think you'd best rethink your prices

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 21:10:50 PM »
The rent would be £100 per week but we would insist on the 6 months rent being paid in advance with £500 deposit which would be refundable if no damages etc. other bills would be 400 lira site fees for the six months. The electric is paid by direct debit from my Turkish account that you would receive a copy of monthly. Electric bills will be approx £30 month if air con heaters are used. There is an open fire but we have never tested it as we ve only been out there in the warmer months. Council tax is approx £12 monthly.

Hmm...  so for six months use you want over 10,000tl up front.  Dream on - and that's me being polite.

JF

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 17:07:37 PM »
Site fees 400 TL, during the winter ? no pool etc at that time. Council tax?  Those sort of bills are generally included in the rent. The usual arrangement is 1 month rent in advance + 1 month rent as a security deposit + electric and water bills as they arise. You are asking far too much to get any interest. Sorry but that's the bottom line.

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 15:23:20 PM »
Hi just a quick update. We are no longer looking for a rental. Instead of moving to Fethiye, we have recently moved to Northern Cyprus. It was a pretty quick decision due to the fact our residency permits were due for renewal recently, and decided to opt out of jumping through the hoops needed to renew.  We were pretty gutted not to be moving to Fethiye, as we love the place, and my heart still lies there, hopefully we will be back for holidays at some point. Thanks to everyone that took time to reply, and thank you for the p m's offering your homes for rent. Sue and Tony xx

Offline Lotty

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 16:35:16 PM »
Sorry you've not chosen Fethiye, but good luck in Cyprus, a lovely adventure.   :)

Offline davybill

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 16:53:00 PM »
Hi Sue and Tony, keep us in touch how you get on in Northern Cyprus,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf