Author Topic: How to get your full address  (Read 7163 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

How to get your full address
« on: December 29, 2013, 21:44:14 PM »
We haven't been given the full address of our apartment yet. On tapu copy there is parcel number and
Apt number. Is there a way of finding it. Even on Google maps the road is,t named.
Any ideas?? Have to give forwarding address to loads of people.
Thanks

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Re: How to get your full address
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 21:52:49 PM »
If you take your tapu to the belediye, they can give you your full address.  That's how it works in Uzumlu, anyway.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 21:56:53 PM »
I,m still in UK and need the address to give to banks etc. I,m sure agent or solicitor will sort it for me. They are both brilliant. Just me trying to cross stuff off my list.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 22:20:31 PM »
When we bought our place 8 1/2 years ago, we had no house number but did have an address which was the name the builder gave to our group of houses.  Four years ago the Main Street name went up and we got a number attached to our door, as did our neighbours, so, we then started using the number and the street name. This year one of our neighbours discovered his house had a different number to the one on the door and a different street name.  After investigation we found out we too had a different number and street name????  We had to tell everyone we had given the other address too.  However, we have yet to see a Post Man.
If you want post delivered I would advise you get a post office box so you can pick mail up yourselves.  Good luck with your address.   ;D

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 22:40:54 PM »
Have to agree to a certain extent with Jacqui !! (Surprise eh ). We never had a proper house number until the Belediye re-numbered the entire Akarca area, (after us having lived there for 3 years by then !) and we NEVER got our mail delivered to the door !! We used to find it wrapped up in the wrought iron work on the gate at the entrance to our driveway !! Lazy git !!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 23:11:51 PM »
I agree with those saying that you should check with the Beliyedi.  It's not so much the postman finding - he did on our first and only delivery for a speeding fine!! - but it can be important for such things as Residency, Driving and car Stuff, indeed anything that coincerns the government.  At the very least it needs to be a consistent address, or you'll risk having to shell out cash again to change some document or another.

Gordon, you agreeing with Jacqui ... I'm off to check whether hell has frozen over ;D ;D

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 02:18:57 AM »
Well USB, it is Christmas !!!!

And a Happy New Year to all my readers, friend or foe !!   ;) 8)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 06:30:21 AM »
Gosh,only in Turkey ,eh. That's the house,not the agreeing with jacqui ;D

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 17:16:51 PM »
Gordon A, you must have the same post man as us, we put a post box up by our front door and the begger still just sticks it under the windscreen wiper or in the gate if the car's not there, doesn't even get off his scooter !!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 18:37:53 PM »
We got our address from our postman (not a windscreen wiperer or a wrought ironer, more of a "sit on my motorbike beeping the horn till they come out and get it" sort). He counted from the main road down to ours, deciding that we are officially number 5.

So we informed everyone in the UK, number 5, sokak 994. That included all family, UK banks, the lot.

Imagine our joy when the belediye men turned up 3 months later with a bag of blue house numbers and a tube of silicon, sticking one to every house in the street. Yes, you guessed it, number 7.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf