Author Topic: Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1  (Read 7974 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 14:16:54 PM »
i know Arsenal need to watch out

Yer that's what all the Spud supporters told us when Chelski reached the finals of the CL ..... and so our joy was boundless when we took third place and Chelski won the CL and poor old old Tottingham had to continue to play on a Spursday evening in the Europa League.

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 19:52:41 PM »
Liverpool had more than enough chances to win the game, but did not take them. End of their cup run.Do they really care, I don't think so because they want Europe more that the F A Cup this season.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 09:29:48 AM »
Webb has been rubbish since he got the World Cup gig! He thinks he's a celebrity. Did you see his face when that player touched his chest? If looks could kill!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 13:23:32 PM »
...then let him off without even a card.

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2014, 16:33:08 PM »
From the Telegraph.

Howard Webb was removed from a celebrity website advertising his £4,000-a-night after-dinner speaking following accusations he was “losing his focus”.
Webb was listed as a client of the website www.comedians.co.uk – an agency representing numerous high-profile figures from sport, politics and entertainment – but describing itself as “the one stop shop for comedy”.
His fee was advertised as between £2,000 to £4,000.
The official – who was criticised for his performance in Arsenal’s 2-1 FA Cup victory over Liverpool on Sunday – promptly had his name, profile and any reference to his speaking activities erased once it was made public on Monday morning.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 17:19:28 PM »
My son was telling me about that.  We thought it was a shame as he would have been so welcome to be an after dinner speaker at Anfield.  I am sure everyone would have clubbed together to pay his fee. ;D  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 17:35:36 PM »
Spot on Jacqui. isn't it  strange people are finally picking up about howard webb, after what we have been talking about for years.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 18:18:14 PM »
I note the Arsenal supporters have gone a bit quiet.  So, what's the opinion.  Mine is Bayern did not play well at the beginning of the match and Arsenal could have scored.  I also think that both penalties where awful. Arsenals was the worst, it was really bad, why did Wenger let him take it when he has missed the last three??  I think some of the penalty takers need to study Steve G.
However, IMO the goalie should have just received a yellow card as the sending off killed the game.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2014, 18:59:01 PM »
Straight red, the goalie can't be allowed to do that because of what game it is.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2014, 19:36:20 PM »
I'll give you that on Stevie G on the penalties, but you have to understand the AW mentality which is when you are a favoured son of Wenger you can do what ever you want, and get away with poor performance.  In Ozil's case on the performance front he has been at best poor since before xmas, and I am not sure it is as simple as he is tired out, there is something else going on either in his head or outside of football.  We may never know the answer, but all I want is for him to get his head straight and regain his form.

And what do you do when your main striker 'plays away', what a pratt.

However, can I remind you that we beat zee Germans 2-0 away last year at the same stage of the CL.  Why can we not do so again, or better still 3-0 and avoid the need for penalties ... doh not penalties again  ;)  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf